Ncl star los angelos post trip dont waste your money

adamaimeemom

We booked a post trip excursion that was to take us around LA. The tour description said Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Santa Monica Beach and Venice beach among a few other sites. The tour guide was about as exciting as a beached whale. She appeared bored and tired. The LA Marathon was going on so I can understand they had to reroute. The ONLY thing we seen on the list of sites was Venice Beach. We mostly seen the highway. There were three of us so we paid 210.00. We could have seen alot more with an Uber Driver for that kind of money. Based on the lack of organization between her and the driver , my guess is they planned the trip that morning.Save your money dont do it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

We had the same with a Miami disembark trip, 45 minutes late leaving so skipped a huge chunk then dumped us at the airport at terminal J when we needed E. Guide wearing an Ncl shirt was bored so when we asked why the diverts etc she said to take it up with Ncl. So we got to all watch whilst she took a cigarette break and held us for a while, making us late a second time. Not worth the money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry you had a bad experience, but after living in West LA for 6 years, most of everyone’s time is spent on the freeway. I hated it. The marathon definitely made it worse than usual. A friend of mine who has lived there her entire life spent 2 hours trying to go 10 miles in her neighborhood due to all the closed roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I grew up in L.A. It's just tooo damn big, too crowded, too much traffic, too spread out to have a quick tour. I agree. I can't see how you would have time to see anything really.

same here: what is so exciting about Rodeo Drive except you might spot a star or something. The same with driving through Beverly Hills. it is like any other upscale neighborhood, most of us have them in our general location. The really interesting parts of Los Angeles area are far removed from Beverly Hills and a 1/2 day tour would not cover hardly anything.

So,,, you book a tour during a marathon and complain when the roads are closed? And then post that everyone should avoid the tour because you booked it during the marathon?

Yeah they did. What’s it to you? Do you own the tour company or just think you do? Thanks to the op for the heads up on this rip off tour! Go figure.

we will be in LA next month and have rented a car for the day. can anyone share with me the must see areas? we were thinking of driving up to Malibu - worth it?

Undoubtedly In/Out Burger.

Are you there for a partial day or more than one? Kids?

I did not know a marathon was going on. I also did not write the description for the tour. I am not from LA I hsd no way to knoiw traffic patterns or how ling it takes to get from point A to point B. It sounds from those of you from LA this trip was never doable , even without a marathon. So the tour company is guilty of falkse advertising at the least and down right fraud at best

we will be in LA next month and have rented a car for the day. can anyone share with me the must see areas? we were thinking of driving up to Malibu - worth it?

Totally depends. What do you want to see? Have you ever been to LA before?

Personally, I wouldn’t drive all the way to Malibu. If I wanted to see beautiful coastal scenery, I’d get off the ship, and drive around the beautiful peninsula you can see from on board. I’d stop and eat at Terrenea resort, either Nelsons or Marsel. Then I’d drive the rest of the way around the peninsula and continue up the coast to check out the beach cities from Redondo up to venice. I’d stop in venice to see the show. Lol. Then continue up to the getty museum.

Now it depends on if you have to board a plane and when. Theoretically you could continue on to malibu for sunset and dinner.

LA is worth a few days though. There’s a lot to do.

L.A. is way to huge.. you have to stick to a specific area., i.e., Hollywood, or Beverly Hills, or old L.A. area (Olvera Street/Chinatown, etc.), or beach cities (Venice, Manhattan, or OC Beaches such as Newport, Laguna, etc..), or Orange County (Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, etc.).....

Some of these areas are far from LAX, however traffic isn't too bad on the freeways during the weekends.. BAD, but not TOO BAD (big difference between weekends and weekdays!)...

Or, call me next time! ;)

we arrive late Friday night, have the entire day Saturday, ship sails Sunday.

no kids.

i thought about checking out Venice, but isnt it very high crime at the pier?

also, can anyone tell me about the TMZ Tour? worth it?

no kids.

I’d want to stay by the ship. Terrenea is one of the most beautiful resorts in the world. Not worth it though if you are out sight seeing. I’d probably stay at the doubletree hilton in san pedro on saturday night. Friday night I’d just stay by lax.

Venice is high crime. But so are a lot of areas. I never go there, but it’s worth seeing. You just use normal precautions.

Or you could do hollywood area and see the sites there.

I live here and would never do a tmz tour. If you want to see hollywood people, go hang out at the gelsons in Los Feliz. Lol.

I did not know a marathon was going on. I also did not write the description for the tour. I am not from LA I hsd no way to knoiw traffic patterns or how ling it takes to get from point A to point B. It sounds from those of you from LA this trip was never doable , even without a marathon. So the tour company is guilty of falkse advertising at the least and down right fraud at best

Thanks - that's perfectly understandable!

no kids.

You'll be fine at Venice on a Saturday afternoon. There's just a big homeless population. My office is down the street and I regularly walk to my car alone at night.

Check out the South Bay cities: Hermosa, Manhattan, Redondo. Santa Monica is a nightmare to drive on Saturdays. If you're staying near the ship in Long Beach, check out the Pike area. Touristy but fun. Get some Mexican food from a divey place. And of course, In-n-out.

The thing is, most people think of Hollywood when they think of LA. It's just a dirty tourist trap that's away from the beautiful areas. My friends came into town and insisted on going to the walk of fame. It was too crowded to really enjoy and we wasted most of the day fighting crowds. I wish I could have taken them to the south bay instead.

Anyway - feel free to message me with any specific questions!!!

You'll be fine at Venice on a Saturday afternoon. There's just a big homeless population. My office is down the street and I regularly walk to my car alone at night.

Check out the South Bay cities: Hermosa, Manhattan, Redondo. Santa Monica is a nightmare to drive on Saturdays. If you're staying near the ship in Long Beach, check out the Pike area. Touristy but fun. Get some Mexican food from a divey place. And of course, In-n-out.

The thing is, most people think of Hollywood when they think of LA. It's just a dirty tourist trap that's away from the beautiful areas. My friends came into town and insisted on going to the walk of fame. It was too crowded to really enjoy and we wasted most of the day fighting crowds. I wish I could have taken them to the south bay instead.

Anyway - feel free to message me with any specific questions!!!

I don’t know. I love hollywood. Go there and surrounding areas a lot. But I wouldn’t necessarily walk to walk.

I love the arclight there. It’s the best of all of them, and much better than the beach cities. Then there are the fun restaurants like musso and frank or dresden. And the hollywood bowl for a concert. Or the magic castle for a night out. Yup, love hollywood.

But I agree most people visiting first time expect to see the walk of fame with the beach cities in the background. And that’s not the case.

Our cruise on the Star disembarked in LA on March 11. We had booked the excursion to LAX that included the Farmers Market and Olvera Street, among other locations. We had time to get off the bus to go through the Avila adobe, then Hollywood Blvd & Highland (where Hollywood Blvd was shut down for a block for filming) and then at the Farmers Market where we could purchase our own lunches. We have been to LA several times but had never done Olvera Street or the Farmers Market. We were familiar with Hollywood Blvd, having been to the El Capitan theatre and Walk of Fame before, so we used our time to nip into the Disney Soda Fountain shoppe for sundaes and to purchase some Ghirardelli chocolate! We were fortunate to have an engaging guide who shared his own experiences in Hollywood and had our driver follow an interesting route that we hadn't taken to the airport before. We chose a tour over renting a car because of its convenience. There isn't a rental agency at the pier so it was simple to have our luggage loaded onto the bus and then ride to the airport. We're considering doing the same one in October after the Bliss repo - hopefully it will be the same!

no kids.

Was there two months ago, no issues at all. Except finding parking! Lot's of people, lots of officers.. No worries!