Shanghai Pre Cruise

Esperanza7

We are cruising from Shanghai in October. First visit to China. I'm not sure of the best area to be in so we will be central for sightseeing, restaurants, etc. At the moment I have a nice hotel booked in Putuo (very near a subway) for 3 nights but I do have it on a free cancellation basis. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Esperanza7
missed out 3 nights

We are cruising from Shanghai in October. First visit to China. I'm not sure of the best area to be in so we will be central for sightseeing, restaurants, etc. At the moment I have a nice hotel booked in Putuo (very near a subway) for 3 nights but I do have it on a free cancellation basis. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

I would be looking at a hotel near Nanching Road Central Shanghai. Check the hotel booking sites, and Trip advisor. We stayed at Crown Plaza at Pudong, too far away from city centre. We did use the metro, cheap, easy to use, has English but I would choose closer if I stayed in Shanghai again. Watch out for electric bicycles, they are silent, fast and at night don’t use lights to save their batteries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've stayed twice at the Shanghai Marriott City Centre. Loved the hotel and loved the location. It's right near People's Square so easy access to all subway lines and walking distance to the Bund.

We will be staying in Shanghai next spring and I found these two websites to be most helpful:

https://www.topchinatravel.com/shanghai/where-to-stay-in-shanghai.htm

https://www.skiddoo.com.sg/blog/travel/where-to-stay-in-shanghai-the-best-areas-and-the-best-hotels.html

I have narrowed it down to:

Marriott City Center

Grand Central Hotel

Les Suites Orient Bund

Good luck and let us know what you decide.