Cabin kettles and coffee cards

Traderboy

Hi

Can anyone please update m3 on two points:

Do Princess now supply kettles in cabins?

Have the coffee cards changed at all in the last 3 years - can you still use the old ones?

Many thanks

Traderboy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi

Can anyone please update m3 on two points:

Do Princess now supply kettles in cabins?

Have the coffee cards changed at all in the last 3 years - can you still use the old ones?

Many thanks

Traderboy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No kettles. You can't bring your own either as it will be confiscated on boarding.

The coffee cards have changed dramatically in the last few years. So far, the old ones have been working fine for the punches. According to many people posting here the new cards are now coming with an expiration date. Whether or not that date affects the punch aspect is, as yet, unclear.

Royal Caribbean have kettles in staterooms on the Independence of the Seas whilst sailing out of Southampton but are removed on the Transatlantic voyage back to Ft Lauderdale

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have heard that Celebrity also have kettles when sailing from Southampton to keep us Brits happy.

All P&O ships have kettles in every cabin all the time and also coffee machines in suites.

MSC also put kettles in the cabins when sailing from the UK.

It is disappointing that Princess dont follow suit as I enjoy a 'hot' cup of tea on my balcony not really hot enough from room service.

nobody allows kettles as far as i know

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Forums mobile app

The only time there was a kettle in my cabin was Feb 2016 on the Sapphire out of Singapore. The ship is/was specifically catering to the Asian market. I do not know if the kettle continues to be in cabins or not. I suspect when she goes to Europe it will be discontinued.

Just got off the Grand this morning. We took our kettle, as we have on all of our cruises, and had not a problem. Used it each morning to brew Starbucks Via. I have seen the "No kettle" mentions on here but so far ours has been fine. It is thermostatically controlled and it sits on the writing table in view for all to see. We always mention to the room steward the we would like to keep our cup and it also stays :)

I have heard that Celebrity also have kettles when sailing from Southampton to keep us Brits happy.

All P&O ships have kettles in every cabin all the time and also coffee machines in suites.

MSC also put kettles in the cabins when sailing from the UK.

It is disappointing that Princess dont follow suit as I enjoy a 'hot' cup of tea on my balcony not really hot enough from room service.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Forums mobile app

oops I stand corrected.

We love a 'proper cuppa' made with freshly boiled water so really appreciate having a kettle in our cabin. We had a kettle when on Diamond Princess when sailing around Japan and I believe this is a standard item for sailings in that area. We asked for a kettle, and were provided with one, on a RCI and Celebrity sailing.

Celebrity kettle

34278521751_00ae5656c6_b.jpgIMG_6868 by

P&O and Fred Olsen have kettles with mugs/spoons/tea/coffee/milk/sugar provided and replenished as standard in all cabins. I'm sure that the majority of cruise lines that sail from the UK will also provide a kettle. they have an automatic cut-off mechanism and are not a fire risk.

P&O kettle

34409755325_378afea94f_b.jpgIMG_0588 by

Fred Olsen kettle

25932466067_edaa84c7ff_b.jpgIMG_0926 by

I wish all the lines that we sail with have the option to request a kettle. I am quite happy to bring my own tea and coffee.....