Let's see your gowns!

Our vow renewal is in July and I've finally got my dress! I found "The One" at Alfred Angelo but it was $900. Luckily, I was able to order a replica (without the beadwork) from aliexpress for $80 shipped! :cool:

How did your replica turn out? Link? i LOVE this dress but was thinking of buying used bc i dont want to pay $900 for it! Thanks!

Mine was a Sottero & Midgley. It is not beachy AT ALL with all the beading, but I just love my bling!! :D

I decided that we need to do an anniversary cruise in a few more years just so I can wear it again for a vow renewal haha!

HKwedding2-001_zps57e3e8b6.jpg

HKwedding12-001_zpsef4d3220.jpg

HKwedding15-001_zps308e5be4.jpg

Beautiful! Where did you get married?

How did your replica turn out? Link? i LOVE this dress but was thinking of buying used bc i dont want to pay $900 for it! Thanks!

I'm also looking into a used or sample dress as I'm trying to stay around $500-$600 max. Have you checked out Tradesy? There are tons of options on there from all sorts of designers in tons of different sizes and options. Some are used, some never worn from brides who changed their minds and some are sample gowns. Some of them also offer return policies in case it doesn't work out when you get it. :)

• 6 months later...

I have been looking for your dress (IRISHLASSIE) and I found this forum. Where can I find it? My husband and I are doing our vow renewal this year. I also think a cruise might be great since we've never been on one. Plus we never had a honeymoon. Any suggestions?

I have been looking for your dress (IRISHLASSIE) and I found this forum. Where can I find it? My husband and I are doing our vow renewal this year. I also think a cruise might be great since we've never been on one. Plus we never had a honeymoon. Any suggestions?

So sorry, I just saw your post! I actually got this dress about 2 yrs. ago from a site on eBay, so not sure if they will still have it. Try a search for "wedding gowns" & see if you can find it. Just some info, I loved the gown, but the back was like a corset, which I didn't like, but my friend helped me get into it! LOL I didn't want my DH to see me getting ready! :D

I never shared dress pictures before the wedding! I only took my mama shopping so no one saw me in it until I came walking down the aisle!

I just *knew* I wanted strapless, lace, sparkly belt, you get the idea, UNTIL I tried on this dress. I just loved it. I see so many girls with that strapless, lace, sparkly belt look (esp in Georgia with all these outdoor farm weddings) and my dress just felt and looked special to me. It's by Casablanca and is style 1975. Casablanca never retires their styles and they let you customize your dress. It came in multiple colors and you could have it any way from strapless to a more custom strap. They also make the dresses to your length/measurements so you shouldn't have to have many alterations done (well, unless you lose more weight like I did)!

My favorite parts of the dress was the straps just like I tried it on with. It's hard to tell in the photo but the tiny spaghetti straps are very tiny pearl beads. I also ordered the same color I tried on - champagne gown with ivory overlay. I also loved the sweetheart neckline with the sheer lace coming up to the strapes and in the back going down into a V. This dress is beaded with swavorski crystals - so it sparkled and shined under those ship lights!

15p004_zpsq9ip55ie.jpg

2015-06-15%2019.16.05_zpsbtjsfo3b.png

10391026_10102219138800181_2876701449805437194_n_zpsoumrtpem.jpg

• 4 months later...
I will be wearing an Alfred Angelo strapless gown (2208) with a sweetheart neckline in white lace. This dress is not what I thought I wanted. I tried on the dresses I thought would look best on my figure but quickly changed my mind when I put on this dress. It is very light and easy to move in. Perfect for my cruise wedding and perfect for me!

[ATTACH]321717[/ATTACH][ATTACH]321718[/ATTACH]

I'm wearing alfred angelo as well!! I bought mine this past Saturday and it's all lace!

I had a short, knee length, lace dress picked out as my dress mostly due to the fact that I wasn't getting married in a church. But one of my bridesmaids called the dress ugly so no I'm thinking of a longer lace dress I saw at Davids Bridal. I'm kind of bummed because the first dress I found on sale at Nordstrom for $130, I just know that whatever option I go with, I refuse to spend more than $800 on a dag on dress

• 2 weeks later...
I had a short, knee length, lace dress picked out as my dress mostly due to the fact that I wasn't getting married in a church. But one of my bridesmaids called the dress ugly so no I'm thinking of a longer lace dress I saw at Davids Bridal. I'm kind of bummed because the first dress I found on sale at Nordstrom for $130, I just know that whatever option I go with, I refuse to spend more than $800 on a dag on dress

I'm not sure how you feel about a shop sample or maybe a secondhand dress. But if you are up for it you might want to check Tradesy. They have great deals on wedding gowns! I got my $1400 Maggie Sottero dress from there for $475. It was a store sample so I have to clean it before we get married but totally worth the savings and not having to worry so much about the money!

I just *knew* I wanted strapless, lace, sparkly belt, you get the idea, UNTIL I tried on this dress. I just loved it. I see so many girls with that strapless, lace, sparkly belt look (esp in Georgia with all these outdoor farm weddings) and my dress just felt and looked special to me. It's by Casablanca and is style 1975. Casablanca never retires their styles and they let you customize your dress. It came in multiple colors and you could have it any way from strapless to a more custom strap. They also make the dresses to your length/measurements so you shouldn't have to have many alterations done (well, unless you lose more weight like I did)!

I love the style of your dress! I wanted to get a dress with straps but what I wanted didn't exist and I wasn't going to pay for a custom dress! I ended up going with just one strap after all.

dress.jpg.b66997482d948298700922553228c39d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
This is mine. Should be here at the end of the month. Tux for my fiance. No bridesmaids. My youngest son will be in his Marine Corp dress blues. Our colors are royal blue and ivory.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/a-line-princess-queen-anne-sweep-brush-train-tulle-and-lace-wedding-dress-632813_p632813.html

Hello... May I ask was your dress delivered as expected. I was looking to get a dress from here until my best friend said the reviews were not so good. Did you have any problems? It sure was beautiful.

Hello... May I ask was your dress delivered as expected. I was looking to get a dress from here until my best friend said the reviews were not so good. Did you have any problems? It sure was beautiful.

It was absolutely perfect. I did need some alterations but I knew it would need shortened because I didn't pay for the exact measurements. A friend who has done wedding gown alterations for years offered to do any I needed as her gift to me. She was very impressed with the quality of the gown and said it would easily have sold for $1500 in any of the shops she has ever worked with. The boning in the bodice was so good I didn't even have to use support garments underneath. I also bought my formal for formal night from them and it too was perfect with awesome support.

10394071_10153675807063266_147715691713823104_n.jpg.a53afa9b6cfa023f90a123664d4c19b4.jpg

1799919_10154056441983266_5793445506902802048_o.jpg.2d55458bf26f9ff86c04339e1c700f89.jpg

I'm not sure how you feel about a shop sample or maybe a secondhand dress. But if you are up for it you might want to check Tradesy. They have great deals on wedding gowns! I got my $1400 Maggie Sottero dress from there for $475. It was a store sample so I have to clean it before we get married but totally worth the savings and not having to worry so much about the money!

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely check it out bc that sounds like a great price.