Celebrity Shore Excursions - Dominica - Southern Caribbean

MarLieb

We will be on the Celebrity Summit in December and I am currently researching activities for our ports which include St. Croix, Antigua, Dominica, St. Maarten and St. Kitts/Nevis. I have contacted a few private companies for shore excursions in most of these ports, but I may book through Celebrity for our day in Dominica (specifically the Emerald Pool/Beach excursion). I was wondering if anyone here has done that excursion and, if so, is it a big group? Will we be on a tour bus or mini vans? I have reached out to a private tour company for this day, but I haven't heard back yet and we are actually docking on Christmas day, so I don't even know if a private company will operate that day. Thank you for any information you may have on Celebrity shore excursions in Dominica!

We will be on the Celebrity Summit in December and I am currently researching activities for our ports which include St. Croix, Antigua, Dominica, St. Maarten and St. Kitts/Nevis. I have contacted a few private companies for shore excursions in most of these ports, but I may book through Celebrity for our day in Dominica (specifically the Emerald Pool/Beach excursion). I was wondering if anyone here has done that excursion and, if so, is it a big group? Will we be on a tour bus or mini vans? I have reached out to a private tour company for this day, but I haven't heard back yet and we are actually docking on Christmas day, so I don't even know if a private company will operate that day. Thank you for any information you may have on Celebrity shore excursions in Dominica!
We're visiting Dominica in December on Silhouette. I've been looking for up to date information about the the recovery state of the island from the direct hit of hurricane Maria last August that completely devastated the island. I've posted on the port board and trip advisor but gotten no info yet. From what I've found some of the island still has no electricity. I'm a bit concerned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We're visiting Dominica in December on Silhouette. I've been looking for up to date information about the the recovery state of the island from the direct hit of hurricane Maria last August that completely devastated the island. I've posted on the port board and trip advisor but gotten no info yet. From what I've found some of the island still has no electricity. I'm a bit concerned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Oh, that is terribly sad. Thank you and to cruisestitch for your replies. I sincerely hope the island and the people of Dominica recover. It looks like a beautiful island with a rich history and lovely people.

There are already several threads inquiring about this port, which was devastated by a hurricane. It is probably simply too early to know what will or won’t be available six months from now for your December cruise.

Look up Sheepy Tours. We used this tour a few years ago and enjoyed it. This was before the devastating hurricane. I am pleased to report that he is back in business. I have him on FB and he had pictures on of a group doing a tour. Looked great!!!

Look up Sheepy Tours. We used this tour a few years ago and enjoyed it. This was before the devastating hurricane. I am pleased to report that he is back in business. I have him on FB and he had pictures on of a group doing a tour. Looked great!!!

Thank you!