Celebrity Summit - Will ALL Staterooms undergo the Revolution?

PinkSandGirl

Hi! Celebrity Summit Revolution - a few questions.

1. Will ALL of the Summit staterooms, including bathrooms, be completely re-done after the Winter 2019 Revolution?

2. If not all of them, then which ones will be getting the new look?

3. Will the deck / cabin codes change as well?

4. Will veranda dividers be able to then be opened?

From what I have read it is scheduled to take place winter 2019. It seems mid-February 2019 --> end of March 2019 may be the time frame.

A Celebrity representative told me "some" staterooms. I asked for clarification and they didn't know anything.

I have cruised on Celebrity's S-Class ships, the Silhouette and Reflection. The Summit is nothing like them but after always passing up the Summit many times when looking at cruises, I thought if the staterooms and bathrooms are re-done, maybe it will be a time to give it a chance and see how it is.

Thank You for any information anyone is able to provide! =)

clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

1. Will ALL of the Summit staterooms, including bathrooms, be completely re-done after the Winter 2019 Revolution?

From what I have read it is scheduled to take place winter 2019. It seems mid-February 2019 --> end of March 2019 may be the time frame.

A Celebrity representative told me "some" staterooms. I asked for clarification and they didn't know anything.

I have cruised on Celebrity's S-Class ships, the Silhouette and Reflection. The Summit is nothing like them but after always passing up the Summit many times when looking at cruises, I thought if the staterooms and bathrooms are re-done, maybe it will be a time to give it a chance and see how it is.

At this point don’t believe anyone can answer your questions, too early in the design phase.

I don’t think all staterooms are being updated save for perhaps on bedding. If you look at the info from Celebrity they list specific categories that are being overhauled.fa4ad0c8470efab486345698c087e4b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"We're tearing them down and building them back up" sounds pretty concrete to me – and a lot more than just new bedding.

Gosh, I hope they don’t use congregate. That would really be strange having concrete walls on a cruise ship. But I guess we’d not have to worry about hearing the couple next door arguing or,.......we’ll the opposite to arguing.

Den

Reimagined, renovated, reconceived, redesigned....great alliteration but not very helpful PR speak...

That sort of rhetoric could either be interpreted as a full makeover or a lick of paint.....

As the suite rooms seem to be selling well I would not be surprised if some of those nicer, larger veranda cabins didn’t miraculously become Sky Suites with access to Luminae and Michael’s but with a price tag to match...

Hoping they will have some non cashmere bedding and mattresses,

I have allergies and am waiting to gear how X can help me out on EDGE, Have not heard back yet.,.no surprise!

Gosh, I hope they don’t use congregate. That would really be strange having concrete walls on a cruise ship. But I guess we’d not have to worry about hearing the couple next door arguing or,.......we’ll the opposite to arguing.

Den

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I am very particular when it comes to cabins and their location. ;) I have always passed up the Summit because I love the Silhouette and Reflection and feel like I won't like the Summit as much. We know someone who has sailed on the Summit a few times and as of summer '16 they did not give it top marks. I love Bermuda and since the Summit is the only Celebrity ship that currently sails there...I have thought...just do it because the food and service should still be the Celebrity standard and Bermuda is the destination...and I love Bermuda. =)

When I heard the Summit was going to be part of the Revolution...I thought maybe it's time to try the Summit since the current cabins and bathrooms have been a huge deterrent for me. However, not knowing what the cabin situation is I am hesitant. I know I can always change but I book for a group of my family and friends and we are always all together so last minute switching may not get me what I want.

Decisions, decisions... I know it's a cruise and so many people are happy just to be on one but as I said, I am very particular. ;)

My wife and I just disembarked the Summit this morning and had a wonderful cruise. We were in an a Category A1 Aqua Class Veranda and the cabin was very comfortable as was the bathroom and condition of the cabin.

I spoke with the hotel director and was told that the Summit will be going in going for a major, 5-week rehab around November. Expect to find major enhancements in most public spaces, restaurants and staterooms.

All of the staff was exceptional and the new production shows were very good.

My wife and I just disembarked the Summit this morning and had a wonderful cruise. We were in an a Category A1 Aqua Class Veranda and the cabin was very comfortable as was the bathroom and condition of the cabin.

I spoke with the hotel director and was told that the Summit will be going in going for a major, 5-week rehab around November. Expect to find major enhancements in most public spaces, restaurants and staterooms.

All of the staff was exceptional and the new production shows were very good.

I think the hotel director may have been a bit off with his timing about the rehab being in November. Summit is still booking cruises all the way through November, December, and January. I am booked on a 4 night cruise on February 10th and I am pretty sure the rehab is happening immediately after that. The roll calls for the cruises scheduled after that all say they were cancelled already by Celebrity.

The only thing that I have heard is that this is reportedly one the new panoramic oceanview cabins, with floor to ceiling windows (that do not open). Not sure if they plan to refurb some or all of the forward oceanviews on decks 6-9.

fa4ad0c8470efab486345698c087e4b8.jpg

As the suite rooms seem to be selling well I would not be surprised if some of those nicer, larger veranda cabins didn’t miraculously become Sky Suites with access to Luminae and Michael’s but with a price tag to match...

I stated that a couple of months ago, especially as X confirmed there would be additional suites added during the ‘Revolution’. Let’s see if I’m correct :confused:?

We need to get another cruise in one before they disappear completely ;).

Reminds me of Ikea.

That will be ok, providing they don’t go for the complete Ikea experience and enforce a 30 minute zig-zag walk through all the shops to get to the MDR, where the only thing on the menu is meat balls.:D

• Haha 1

I met a person who is in a unique position to discuss the project. He was going from ship to ship to evaluate what Celebrity needed to do. We discussed the project and he told me that ALL cabins would be replaced. The plan is to remove all current cabins and replace them. Plans change, but that's what I was told.

I met a person who is in a unique position to discuss the project. He was going from ship to ship to evaluate what Celebrity needed to do. We discussed the project and he told me that ALL cabins would be replaced. The plan is to remove all current cabins and replace them. Plans change, but that's what I was told.

The M Class ships definitely need their staterooms replaced, at least Summit does.

Thank You! Good to know. Yes, it seems we need to piece together information from different sources to see what we can determine before it happens. ;)