Celebrity Reflection

Is the timing such that the planned completion date will be met?

I am scheduled on the inagural Caribbean and the following 7 day Carib, Only 161 days to go but who's counting. When will excursions be available to view and reserve on the website?

Thanks!!

We are on the Venice-Barcelona, then the Barcelona -FLL TA and really looking forward to joining her. Along with asking about the status of her build,

1. We've been on Solstice and Eclipse, what are the differences between Reflection and the earlier S-Class ships? Seen and read some, but want to hear from you.

2. Who is the Capt and the Cruise Director? We've met a few of the crew on the Eclipse who will be moving over to the Reflection.

3. Anything special being done for the inaugral TransAtlantic or when she first arrives into Miami?

4. What special lecturers are you expecting on the TA, and the Med cruises?

Boy, really appreciate you coming on and making yourself available. I'll post that you have set this thread up over at our Roll Calls and you'll get more questions!

Den

We are booked on the inaugural transatlantic November of this year and are so very excited about being on a brand new solstice class ship. We love everything about Celebrity and find it to be a good fit for us. One thing I can't seem to find on any of the deck plans is a promenade deck. That is my favorite place to walk in the mornings and I am having a bad feeling that this has been eliminated on solstice class ships. I know there is a deck 4 Promenade deck - but see no actual promenade. How come????? :confused:

Yes, are there going to be any special things done for this inaugural ta sailing?

B Brant

What cell phone service will be used on the Reflection while at sea? Our Verizon phones always worked on Celebrity ships until we sailed on the Silhouette. Per Verizon, they do not provide service for the Silhouette because it uses On Waves instead of Maritime Wireless. Which will the Reflection use?

Are there public laundry facilities availabe and the prices? If there is not can yu tell me how much the ships laundry costs?

No, not on any Celebrity ship. The laundry service prices are comparable with what you might find at home. See this posting for the most current prices as displayed on Celebrity's web site.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33948380&postcount=2

One thing I can't seem to find on any of the deck plans is a promenade deck. That is my favorite place to walk in the mornings and I am having a bad feeling that this has been eliminated on solstice class ships. I know there is a deck 4 Promenade deck - but see no actual promenade. How come????? :confused:

Are there going to be any special things done for this inaugural ta sailing?

The Solstice class, as with many newer large cruise ships, don't have a traditional promenade deck. That area is now utilized for access to safety equipment such as lifeboats and rafts. Although one can still walk along this deck, and even sit on the lounges placed there, much of the views will be blocked by these boats. There is no way to walk continuously from one side to the other. Apparently it was felt by the designers that there is plenty of open deck areas already and the goal was to add more balcony cabins the area where lifeboats are typically stored on ships with traditional promenade decks, which is above the deck area.

As far as I know there isn't anything special planned for the inaugural sailing from Amsterdam to Barcelona on Oct 12.

According to this Celebrity produced YouTube video, it is slightly ahead of schedule. Float out is scheduled for mid August and conveyance down the Ems river in mid September.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOa4gXlxhvQ

Hi Boogs,

I posted the link to the YouTube video on the 22nd, on this thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1657381

2. Who is the Capt and the Cruise Director? We've met a few of the crew on the Eclipse who will be moving over to the Reflection.

Hi Denny,

I asked this previously, and was told the Captain should be Nikolaos Pagonis, and Nick Weir is scheduled to be the CD. Although I can tackle more of your questions, let's leave it to Celebrity.

Is the timing such that the planned completion date will be met?

I am scheduled on the inagural Caribbean and the following 7 day Carib, Only 161 days to go but who's counting. When will excursions be available to view and reserve on the website?

Thanks!!

That's what we have booked too. Our plan is to stay on B2B, for the 3 night sailing and the 7 night sailing. Unfortunately, it's in December, and it creates a host of issues for us, so we may have to look at other Cruise options. I hope not, as I totally want to be on Reflection's first Caribbean sailings !

what are the locations on the ship of the Aqua Suites? is there a layout of those suites?

Hi NCRay,

On Reflection, the Aqua Class Suites are on Deck 12. Here's a link to the Deck Plan : http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=RF#deck_plans/explore/ships/deckPlans.do%3FshipCode=RF

Here's a link to the Aqua Class Suites Description & Layout : http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=RF&tab=staterooms%2Fexplore%2Fships%2Fstaterooms.do%3FshipCode%3DRF#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=AS&cabincls=D&shipCode=RF

I hope this helps !

I asked this previously, and was told the Captain should be Nikolaos Pagonis,

We just got off of Silhouette with Captain Pagonis, and he said he will be taking a break shortly, and then will being doing the sea trials on Reflection. A great captain. :)

We just got off of Silhouette with Captain Pagonis, and he said he will be taking a break shortly, and then will being doing the sea trials on Reflection. A great captain. :)

Hi Ed -

We've sailed with Captain Pagonis on a few occasions - not in recent years though. We thought he was outstanding, and look forward to (hopefully) sailing with him again in December. I hope you had a great Cruise, and the Waffles were to your liking !

Celebrity Reflection is really taking shape at the shipyard and we can hardly wait for her launch later this year. Tell us what you'd like to know about the ship.

Are there any renderings of what the ship will look like in the public areas? I've been scouring the internet for anything, but there's very little to find. I'm curious how different from her sisters it will be decorated.

Will Reflection suites allow more than two in a room or will they follow the current policy in regular AQ rooms of only two person occpancy...

The Aqua Class Suites and the Aqua Class Regular Balcony staterooms only allow 2 people. All other suites appear to allow more than 2.

The Aqua Class Suites and the Aqua Class Regular Balcony staterooms only allow 2 people. All other suites appear to allow more than 2.

I would like to get an answer from someone at Celebrity, if you go to the web site you are able to make a phantom reservation in the AQ suites for more than two people.

Archived