Posted February 13th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Will be traveling to Curacao and Aruba on Caribbean Princess on 4/13/13.
What can I expect from this travel experience? What are the best beaches to visit? How does the dining on this ship rate vs the dining on Carnival and Royal Caribbean Ships? Is the Adult Serenity Area a quiet and relaxing place on this ship to spend during Sea Days? How do previous cruisers on this ship rate their overall experience during this itinerary to Princess Cays, Curacao and Aruba?
We just did this itinerary so let me see if I can help you out.
1. Princess Cays is a tender port. You will go down at a certain time to get a number to board a boat to take you over to the beach. We went to the designated area, got a number and actually boarded a tender immediately. We thought the beach here was very nice, although a lot of people....especially those that have been a lot....wish Princess would skip this stop and stay on the ship. DH thought that the snorkeling from shore here was pretty good.
2. Curacao.....We did not do a beach here, just got off the ship and walked around. Arrival at 2pm in the non-summer months does not give a lot of beach time.
3. Aruba....Did a ship's tour of the island that included a trip out to a semi-submersible for underwater views. Afterwards, we had time to walk around and do lunch in a local restaurant that was straight down the main street from the cruise pier in an area called Marketplace. The name of the restaurant was Spanglish. It would be very easy here to grab a cab and go to one of the beaches, though, and the ship will also have tours.
4. We thought the food was comparable to Carnival.
5. The ship does not have a free Adult Serenity Area like many of the Carnival ships do. There is a fee area called The Sanctuary that you can book for the entire week if you get onboard early enough before all the spaces are taken. It can also be reserved for a single half or full day.....also for a fee. However, there are adult pools on the Caribbean Princess that truly seemed to be adult only areas.
My biggest complaint was the hard bed......very much NOT to my liking.
We enjoyed spending time in the Piazza and eating at the International Cafe in that area.
Overall, I would rate my cruise experience for the Caribbean Princess on this itinerary as an 8.5 to 9.0 out of 10. We had a great cabin steward and it was a very relaxing trip which was what we were looking for.