Crystal or Oceania?

sjde

Sue,

Crystal Cruises offers segment as do many lines. You can book the entire world cruise or portions of it.

I have taken eight Crystal World Cruises and none on Oceania. One thing about Oceania is that they do this on one of their older ships so just think through the size of the ship. I believe Oceania has sold out most of their sailings so haven't needed to sell it in segments. For some six months is good but for others it will be too long.

Our experience on Crystal is that they do an amazing world cruise. We like the length of it typically 90 to 120 days which changes year by year. They already have a very special enrichment program offering 50+ activities in the daytime and step it up on the world cruise with many other activities offered. They even do on one segment world games which is six or seven sea days of activities from team trivia to sports, to computer games and the top three in each event are presented with medals and recognized at a special program.

Keith

Sue,

Crystal Cruises offers segment as do many lines. You can book the entire world cruise or portions of it.

I have taken eight Crystal World Cruises and none on Oceania. One thing about Oceania is that they do this on one of their older ships so just think through the size of the ship. I believe Oceania has sold out most of their sailings so haven't needed to sell it in segments. For some six months is good but for others it will be too long.

Our experience on Crystal is that they do an amazing world cruise. We like the length of it typically 90 to 120 days which changes year by year. They already have a very special enrichment program offering 50+ activities in the daytime and step it up on the world cruise with many other activities offered. They even do on one segment world games which is six or seven sea days of activities from team trivia to sports, to computer games and the top three in each event are presented with medals and recognized at a special program.

Keith

Plenty of segments on Oceania- they're called grand or extended voyages. Starting in early May, we'll be doing a two segment "extended voyage" (38 days, Sydney to L.A.) of the current Insignia world cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have taken eight Crystal World Cruises and none on Oceania. One thing about Oceania is that they do this on one of their older ships so just think through the size of the ship.

I just sailed on the small ship that does the world cruise (Insignia) and it's very beautiful. I could get anywhere on the ship quickly because of it's smaller size.

I believe Oceania has sold out most of their sailings so haven't needed to sell it in segments.

I'll be on the 2019 world cruise and there are 8 segments in addition to sailing on the entire cruise.

Thanks for clarifying Oceania.

The last time I looked at their world cruise was the first one or two that they offered. And they sold so well that I believe they were sold as full world cruises and not segments or at least initially like that. I haven't looked at the additional years that they have been offering world cruises.

Keith

The last time I looked at their world cruise was the first one or two that they offered. And they sold so well that I believe they were sold as full world cruises and not segments or at least initially like that. I haven't looked at the additional years that they have been offering world cruises.

Keith

Not sure about the 2015 cruise (their first world cruise that ended early), but the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 have all had segments.

Yes, 2015 (they had two) but the first one sold out quickly and I think it was one voyage. Really no longer matters and yes I was wrong about this. Sorry.

If I remember 2015 started late rather then ending early because months before there was a fire on the ship. I think I am at least right about that one. LOL.

Keith

If I remember 2015 started late rather then ending early because months before there was a fire on the ship. I think I am at least right about that one.

Guess I was thinking that the fire was during the world cruise......got that idea after reading different posts on the Oceania board.

In 2015 I was busy dealing with the fire that was on my cruise to Hawaii on the Grand Princess! ;p

Edited by Go-Bucks!
o

Keith

We did the full RTW in 2017 and as others have said, plenty of segments. I think the RTW is marketed in its entirety at first and then the segments open up later for booking ... how much later? ... not sure.

We did the full RTW in 2017 and as others have said, plenty of segments. I think the RTW is marketed in its entirety at first and then the segments open up later for booking ... how much later? ... not sure.

I think that is how Cunard does it or at least to do it.

Keith

Guess I was thinking that the fire was during the world cruise......got that idea after reading different posts on the Oceania board.

In 2015 I was busy dealing with the fire that was on my cruise to Hawaii on the Grand Princess! ;p

Yes it was before the world cruise.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that you had a fire on your cruise.

Keith

Sue, Crystal Cruises includes: Spirits/Wines, tips for stewardess/waiters/butler (in suites), one visit to each specialty restaurant on voyages less then 14 days, two for each one greater then 14 days and unlimited visits for those on the full World Cruise.

Things that are not included would be shore excursion, dry cleaning/pressing/laundry although in suites pressing is included, and there are wonderful complimentary laundry rooms.

Keith