Somerset or h2o

ARI421

Renting a Boston whaler how do I get there from the cruise ship? And Somerset or h2o? Any experience?

I suggest taking a taxi. Neither is a long distance from the Dockyard, both are in Somerset, so the fare won't be too bad. I have not done either company, I did another company on the east end many years ago when ships used to dock in St. George's very often but from reading reviews posted here both companies sound good and sound similar. The choice seems to boil down to size of the whaler you want to rent, price, and availability. I don't think you would go wrong booking with either company.

You’ll find ideas for a picnic lunch in my previous post on H2O and they can offer ideas as well. It’s nice to pull up on a secluded beach for a romantic or family lunch.

The bus is cheapest of course and drops you near the road to H2O but it’s a 5-minute walk to the office so a taxi is easiest. Somerset did pay for a taxi one-way, not sure if that is still the case. We enjoyed jet skiing with Somerset but highly recommend H2O for the slightly larger Boston Whaler.

Edited by blue_water

H20 over Somerset in my book. We have used them twice. Somerset has real Whalers, however I like the Whaler like catamaran hulls at Somerset more. They offer more stability! You really can't go wrong with either.

H20 over Somerset in my book. We have used them twice. Somerset has real Whalers, however I like the Whaler like catamaran hulls at Somerset more. They offer more stability! You really can't go wrong with either.

:confused: Confused?

The boats are very stable and safe.

:confused: Confused?

The boats are very stable and safe.

LOL, Yes, both are fine, however the Whalers at Somerset are small. I think they are 13 and 15ft. The cat hull style boats at H20 are 17th, larger and wider with a little more stability. I've owned 3 Whalers and love them. Currently own a 28ft Outrage

LOL, Yes, both are fine, however the Whalers at Somerset are small. I think they are 13 and 15ft. The cat hull style boats at H20 are 17th, larger and wider with a little more stability. I've owned 3 Whalers and love them. Currently own a 28ft Outrage

Thanks for clarifying, I assumedyou meant “H2O” when you said you liked the hulls better.

cnvh, would still recommend H2O, the size is better and they are closer.