Remembrance Day?

Snowrose

Could folks tell me what will be open for Remembrance Day? We'll be in port on the Remembrance Day Monday. Will it be better to stick around the Naval Dockyards or will there be numerous shops open in Hamilton and not too much trouble with ferries?

Could folks tell me what will be open for Remembrance Day? We'll be in port on the Remembrance Day Monday. Will it be better to stick around the Naval Dockyards or will there be numerous shops open in Hamilton and not too much trouble with ferries?

In the past the ferries have run on their regular schedule but they don’t announce that until a few days ahead of the holiday. Public buses run on a holiday schedule. Also then the public ferries will be on Winter Schedule. No ferry to St. George in the winter. Usually the winter schedule is released in late October. Most shops will be closed in Hamilton.

• 3 weeks later...
Are there taxi that day? Does anyone know if the beaches still rent chairs. We are there also and trying to decide what to do that day and what will have to wait until the next day.

Taxis will be available but there is a surcharge of 25% for 1-4 passengers, 50% surcharge for 5-7 passengers. I don’t know if Minibus operators of the Horseshoe Bay shuttles will be operating that late in the season. Those would be $7 each way per person if they are available. Also I don’t know if the chair rentals at Horseshoe will be available that late in the year but you can email the concession and ask, they are pretty responsive.

info@rumbumbeachbar.com