Solo Travellers

I am travelling on the Marella Dream in July. Though this is my 5th cruise with Thomsons, this will be the first since my partner died back in December. Would anyone be able to tell me whether there are any meetings on the first day on board for other solo travellers to get to meet up with each other.

I went on Marella Dream a couple of years ago as a "Solo" traveller. We had a great host who arranged a few get-togethers. I think there was one on the first day. Not 100% sure. Made some great new friends and we are all meeting up again on another Marella ship later in the year.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Went on the celebration in April they had a meeting for solo travellers on the first day about 5pm and encouraged people to mix if they felt confident enough,and a lady I was talking to who was on a back to back said it was the best cruise she had been on ,when people found out she was by herself they always found time to talk to her and asked her if she would like to join them off ship and at meal times,have a good cruise and I'm sure you will enjoy yourself .

We were on the Discovery in May and there was a welcome meeting and coffee for solo passengers and during the cruise also noted there were a few get togethers arranged for solos.

They have a social hostess who deals with solo cruisers as part of her duties. Just back from Discovery and we had a meet and greet in the Coffee port on the first sea days. There were hosted breakfast, lunch and dinners at various dates throughout the cruise and a meet for drinks in bar 11 before dinner on the last evening. Beats P&O's meagre offering by miles.