cruise virgin

bessieblue

Hi all............Have just booked my first cruise! It's with P&O on the Oceana and I was hoping to get some information from those who have previously sailed on her, things not to miss or to avoid....any tips would be appreciated....

Thank you....

Fantastic! It’s always lovely having a cruise to look forward to [emoji4] I’m sure you will have a lovely time. If possible I would recommend trying the Speciality restaurants. It’s been a while since I was on Oceana so I can’t be specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oceana provided us with our first cruising experience some years ago and we had a fabulous time onboard.

Beware, you may get the cruising bug as we did, it can be very infectious. :D

Oceana is a beautiful ship in my opinion and we are looking forward to be onboard again in April cruising around the med.

I am sure you will have a fantastic time onboard her. :)

Fantastic! It’s always lovely having a cruise to look forward to [emoji4] I’m sure you will have a lovely time. If possible I would recommend trying the Speciality restaurants. It’s been a while since I was on Oceana so I can’t be specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you..I will certainly do that. I am really excited and a little nervous as I will be on my own but looking forward to the experience.

Our first and second cruises were on Oceana, we loved it.

When and where are you going to?

Hi... I'm going in May to the med....Venice, Ravenna and Dubrovnik and Split...only seven days but being my first time thought best to not overdo it.

Oceana provided us with our first cruising experience some years ago and we had a fabulous time onboard.

Beware, you may get the cruising bug as we did, it can be very infectious. :D

Oceana is a beautiful ship in my opinion and we are looking forward to be onboard again in April cruising around the med.

I am sure you will have a fantastic time onboard her. :)

Thank you...I heard she is in for a refit at the end of November

Just got off Oceana on Sunday and we had a lovely time. Cafe Jardin is a great venue, lovely for breakfast and lunch for free ( people seemed to clock onto this as the cruise went on and it became busier but by no means too busy) and we also had a delicious evening meal there. The atrium is great for people watching and a cup of coffee or a drink. Oceana is a nice size and although I constantly got confused as to which direction I was going, the layout of the public rooms is quite straightforward and she will have benefited from her refit when you see her.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is lots of help available here. As you are travelling alone it's a great idea to go to the solos coffee meets to get to know others alone. Also good to go for a large table a dinner. I am sure you will soon be booking your next cruise ........

Just got off Oceana on Sunday and we had a lovely time. Cafe Jardin is a great venue, lovely for breakfast and lunch for free ( people seemed to clock onto this as the cruise went on and it became busier but by no means too busy) and we also had a delicious evening meal there. The atrium is great for people watching and a cup of coffee or a drink. Oceana is a nice size and although I constantly got confused as to which direction I was going, the layout of the public rooms is quite straightforward and she will have benefited from her refit when you see her.

Thank you for the tips.......will put this in my notes.

My advice to anyone going on a cruuse, be it their first or 21st. Read the daily programme and highlight or circle those things you do not wish to miss. and note the dress code for the evening. I am always amazed by the number of seasoned cruisers who don't and then complain about missing things.

As a caveat, ignore the beauty and health seminars, they are just glorified sales pitches.