Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Good Morning Coolers!

Perhaps we should form a wash-board and spoons orchestra!

I see we have a new poster on the forum called Goaty! We need someone in The Cooler called Goaty! I use to drink a wine called "Goats do Roam".

This evening I was finding even more new Christmas markets to visit in Vienna. There seems to be a new one or two every year .....

Hello all.

Mysty, I admit to buying an instant pot for DD for Christmas, I bought it on Amazon Prime Day! I have been tempted to keep it for myself, but DH keeps insisting I don't need another kitchen gadget. I of course don't see it as a gadget!

And funny you should ask about the chair seats...I spent most of last Sunday pulling off the remaining moldy upholstery that was on the wood seats. The former owner must have worried the fabric and batting would come loose, and stapled every few inches. Once the mold, and I do mean green and yellow mold, was washed off, I painted the wood black. I will cover them in an waterproof fabric. I also ordered seat cushions. Are you sorry you asked?

On the eve of a Season which is festive and bountiful, on a completely somber note, I issue a shameless plea for those who can give. We had dinner last night with friends we have known for many many years. Husband recently diagnosed with AML, and is battling for his life. In and out of hospital, chemo treatments, had a small brain bleed. Both white blood cells and platelets are being vanquished. He desperately needs platelet transfusions, but a special type of platelets known as HLA platelets. These are in very short supply not only here, but globally and the donor platelets must match the recipient. If you are able to donate blood, please do. You will be giving someone a special gift. One that will cost you nothing, but one that will be invaluable to others.

Spins..we got our son and daughter-in-law one for Christmas when they first came out. She is from Nanjing, China and uses it frequently for rice or congee. I don't think it is a gadget either! :)

Not at all sorry I asked about the chairs! They are gorgeous and I'm sure your seat repair made them even more so! Here's to many years of their enjoyment!

Here is a link to a very interesting TED talk by Celeste Headlee on "10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation".

https://kottke.org/17/05/10-ways-to-have-a-better-conversation

"Celeste Headlee is an expert in talking to people. As part of her job as a public radio host and interviewer, she talks to hundreds of people each year, teasing from her guests what makes them interesting. At a TEDx conference two years ago, Headlee shared 10 tips for having better conversations that work for anyone."

Lots of great suggestions!

Hello friends, want to wish everyone a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING:).......we got off work early today.

Going to my sister's tomorrow. I am bringing the wine and I got her a lovely flower arrangement too.

A bottle of Malbec and Pinot Noir. Let's have some:D

Hope all of you who celebrate have a wonderful day:)

Nice choices, Lois - but what will everyone else drink? [emoji485]

Happy Thanksgiving all. Our duck is thawed and we'll cook that tomorrow. We will dig around in the wine fridge for something special.

I have a 15 year old Riesling that might be worth opening for the occasion. Or maybe a 10 year old rosé of Pinot Noir. Not sure yet what the red selection will be. We have some cute half bottles of Perrier-Jouet which might come in handy. Lots to think about.

Planning more trips, so there is much to be thankful for.

BTW, the instant pot intrigues me. I took a quick look to see what it's all about. I want a new slow cooker and it seems like it can do that too? And it cam also maintain water at a constant temp for sous vide cooking? That might just do it for me...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi JP:)......not sure if anyone else is having board issues but many of us are..........if you look at the "GLITCH/BUG FORUM"..it is taking twice as long to log in and off.......the "normal" way to log in and out is not working for me (and others)......it is a big PITA:eek:

The User Control panel isn't working correctly either.............

Lois....this CC site is very frustrating! I can't even login from the desktop computer. I guess I never logged off from the SurfacePro and this is the only way for me to access CC. I can't even logoff from here. Don't know how many others are in the same boat. How did you manage to login if not in the "usual" way? That info may help others trying to login.

JP...Your meal and wine options sound amazing! Enjoy!

In case this is my last post for a while....Happy Thanksgiving all!

BTW, the instant pot intrigues me. I took a quick look to see what it's all about. I want a new slow cooker and it seems like it can do that too? And it cam also maintain water at a constant temp for sous vide cooking? That might just do it for me...

Hi JP,

We bought one and you might be interested in user comments who are all pretty much over the moon with these with around 1500 comments.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KHYRHYK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is really a wonderful invention that combines digital technology with a pressure cooker. This means that you can cook to a degree of preciseness with cooking inexpensive flavourful proteins. I keep a record every time I use it so I know next time how to cook something perfectly. It can be programmed to pressure cook followed by a slow cook cycle to cook slowly or simply keep food warm. You can buy a sous vide part for it. The Instant Pot and not a copy is the best bet. There is a whole sub-culture of enthusiastic owners of these in many forums.

Ask anything.

Hi Cam:)............I don't recall EVER shopping on Black Friday and I won't be doing it tomorrow either. I have no desire

and I can't remember my Mom ever doing it.....(she has been gone since 1993) but I don't think back in those days

stores were open..........isn't that more of a current thing?

Hi Cam:)............I don't recall EVER shopping on Black Friday and I won't be doing it tomorrow either. I have no desire

and I can't remember my Mom ever doing it.....(she has been gone since 1993) but I don't think back in those days

stores were open..........isn't that more of a current thing?

It seems to have become a "day after Thanksgiving" tradition in my area. One important fact is that people behave very courteously, at least what I have seen and what's been reported. Very much unlike other reports of people trampling each other to snatch desired products. Usually you can buy Christmas decorations and gifts at significantly discounted prices. Then, families get together at a designated site for lunch and to show off purchases. It can be fun. :)

Greetings Coolers! Hope everyone is enjoying the day!

Myster is branching out with his kitchen efforts. He made Labneh over the last few days and used it to make a wonderful carrot dip. :) He had tasted this dip at a Turkish restaurant here in town and decided he would try to replicate it at home. Success!

Looking forward to reports on the various holiday meals from today!

Cam...Black Friday has moved into Canada and I'm still trying to figure out why. Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in October on a Monday. The concept does not really make any sense here and yet commercial enterprises are jumping all over it!

Enjoy your feasts, big and small, everyone!

Hi All,

Well this logging in glitch is a right pain but thanks to Mysty l am at last in!

Thanks Jeff for conveying my greeting for thanksgiving...hope everyone is having a lovely day and enjoying delicious food.

Have been busy packing and running around doing last bits...so far so good!

S😊

I have back-up plans M!

I have some short beef ribs that I'm going to do in the instant pot with some dumplings. That will shift to Monday if the mussels turn up! I've got some crispy duck for another meal with pancakes and veg, and a shoulder of Welsh lamb with some cauliflower cheese and possibly some parsley potatoes! i might do some Yorkshire pud!

I bought a fairly industrial blender a few days ago, so we've been having some mango and guava and papaya smoothies which has rather affected the internals. You can evidently - so I have discovered - have too much fresh fruit. :*

OOOOPS! I guess we learn something every day J! Your backup plan sounds wonderful! Hopefully the internals settle down. :) I have found a similar issue with cheese lately. What? I guess an older system has some hiccups (speaking only for myself here).