South Queensferry to Edinburgh

Mango309

Does anyone know the cost for a taxi directly to Edingurg from South Queensferry dock? Our ship will tender, and we need to get to the town's center to meet with friends. I don't want to chance the bus or train on a Saturday morning. I have conflicting reports about the availability of taxis for passengers on large ships (we're arriving on the QM2): will there be sufficient taxis for everyone who wants them?

Once we're in Edinburgh, will it be simple enough to get a taxi to take us back to the docks? How?

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know for sure but would expect a taxi to cost £15 - £20. You would have no trouble finding a taxi (black cab) to take you back from the centre of Edinburgh to South Queensferry.

I am only guessing, but I would have said nearer to £30.

On the return journey a black cab back would also charge a boundry charge which will add about a third to the meter.

Booking a private hire to pick you up at an arranged point (ie a pub or restaurant) would be cheaper.

I tend to agree with Scottiebee and say in the region of £25-30 for the fare in to town. I've no idea whether there will be enough or not. Guess it depends how many passengers decide to use them. Taxi firms will know whne a ship is due in and there are bound to be some.

It is easy to get a taxi back. You have 3 ways - flag one down as it is driving past. On the front of black cbs there is an orange taxi sign on the front of the cab - if it is illuminated - it is for hire and you can flag it down by just sticking your arm out. There are usually plenty to be had during daytime unless it is raining very heavily when it can be difficult. Alternatively, you can pick one up from a rank. there are several in Edinburgh cty centre.(if you are on the East side of princes St Waverley railway station is a good place to get one, if you can't see many driving about. thirdly if you are in a restaurant, they will call one for you or you can phone to book one.

Does anyone know the cost for a taxi directly to Edingurg from South Queensferry dock? Our ship will tender, and we need to get to the town's center to meet with friends. I don't want to chance the bus or train on a Saturday morning. I have conflicting reports about the availability of taxis for passengers on large ships (we're arriving on the QM2): will there be sufficient taxis for everyone who wants them?

Once we're in Edinburgh, will it be simple enough to get a taxi to take us back to the docks? How?

Someone on CC said this company has good rates.

info@call-us-cabs.com

Archived