Luminae and/or need specialty dining?

lozzie64

Hi everyone, I am sailing on Celebrity Solstice, 7 Sept Tracy Arm Fjord Cruise out of Seattle. I have a Sky Suite booked which I believe means dining in Luminae. I was wondering if I should still prebuy a 3 night Specialty Package or just plan on eating in Luminae? I love my seafood, enjoy fine dining style meals, already have the Premium Bev Package as part of my package. I think I may have dinner on shore in Juneau as we don't sail out till 22.00, also we have one dinner time as well in Victoria. So potentially only 5 nights dinners on board. Thanks.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I agree, I made one booking at Murano for dinner on my second night but the rest I will be happy with Luminae. Did read somewhere by chance that you can order off 2 menus at Luminae? Not that I would possibly need to as their looks great.

Did read somewhere by chance that you can order off 2 menus at Luminae? Not that I would possibly need to as their looks great.

Luminae has its own menu; however, you can ask your waiter for the main dining room menu also. We have ordered off of both menus in Lumanae. Plus they have the menus in Michael's Club (I think I saw the main dining room menu in there, too) if you want to take a look ahead of time.

We had one breakfast and one dinner in Luminae, the rest of the time we ate in specialty restaurants or did room service. Luminae has interesting menu but we really enjoyed Murano, Tuscan, Porch and Lawn Club Grill. Just personal preference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I agree, I made one booking at Murano for dinner on my second night but the rest I will be happy with Luminae. Did read somewhere by chance that you can order off 2 menus at Luminae? Not that I would possibly need to as their looks great.

For us we really enjoy Luminae. If we are not eating at Luminae for dinner our 1st choice would be Murano. I also enjoy The Porch for seafood at lunch. But Solstice does not have The Porch. At times I do order off both menus. One evening in Luminae I ordered a pork main dish from Luminae menu. I did not like it. I asked the server to take it away and please bring me another shrimp appetizer. They turned the shrimp appetizer into a main dish.

We did Luminae on our last cruise and it was really good. Due to our limited diets we ordered something from the MDR menu most nights, but it seemed to be plated much nicer than I recall the MDR plates their food...maybe just my imagination. The service wasn't always perfect, but it was usually very good. We didn't see any need to go to specialty dining on this cruise, as we've tried all of the restaurants before and were very satisfied with the Luminae product.

Good plan IMO.

We loved luminae. We planned to eat at a specialty restaurant once but ended up in luminae every night. We had the same table same servers. Service was excellent. Food amazing. We looked forward to it every night.

Thanks everyone, sounds great. I feel like I made the right decision not buying a specialty package and just one night at Murano. Always look forward to a bit of lobster if it's on a menu so I should come across it at some point.

I can not imagine wasting my $$ on a specialty dining package when I can eat in Luminae….

Aside from a group dinner in Qsine on our last 2 cruises we ate in Luminae on all nights....and one of those cruises we were in a RS and could have eaten in any of the specialties for free...

Luminae is wonderful.

I can not imagine wasting my $$ on a specialty dining package when I can eat in Luminae….

Aside from a group dinner in Qsine on our last 2 cruises we ate in Luminae on all nights....and one of those cruises we were in a RS and could have eaten in any of the specialties for free...

Luminae is wonderful.

We also enjoy the Luminae. When we stayed in an RS we dined in Luminae more than 1/2 of the time. Still, I cannot imagine declining the opportunity to dine in Murano’s at least a few times without any extra charge.

You really are a Luminae lover. Good for you.

We also enjoy the Luminae. When we stayed in an RS we dined in Luminae more than 1/2 of the time. Still, I cannot imagine declining the opportunity to dine in Murano’s at least a few times without any extra charge.

You really are a Luminae lover. Good for you.

We don't enjoy Murano at all....tried it several times...just not for us...

We like the atmosphere much more in Luminae…

But that's why we have choices....

We did Luminae on our last cruise and it was really good. Due to our limited diets we ordered something from the MDR menu most nights, but it seemed to be plated much nicer than I recall the MDR plates their food...maybe just my imagination. The service wasn't always perfect, but it was usually very good. We didn't see any need to go to specialty dining on this cruise, as we've tried all of the restaurants before and were very satisfied with the Luminae product.

We do the same. Once the Maitre’D is aware of our dietary lifestyle; they provide the MDR menu, along with the Luminae menu and we can order from either or both. The MDR selections are beautifully plated and presented in Luminae.

To answer the OPs question - we do not purchase specialty dining packages, as Luminae is lovely on its own.

We loved luminae. We planned to eat at a specialty restaurant once but ended up in luminae every night. We had the same table same servers. Service was excellent. Food amazing. We looked forward to it every night.

Exactly how we feel....

We don't enjoy Murano at all....tried it several times...just not for us...

We like the atmosphere much more in Luminae…

But that's why we have choices....

Lots of choices. We also enjoy Tucson, but not Qsine.

We love Luminae and haven’t any desire to do specialty restaurants when we can dine there. The service can’t be beat, IMO. You can dine not only from their or MDR menu, as others have stated, but also they are truly accommodating for special dietary needs. Really, if you want something just ask for it, they are happy to oblige.