No excursions or Sold out 140 days before cruise?!!!

vnb2003

We just booked a first segment of 2019 WC. To my unpleasant surprise some of the excursions are sold out AND some days don’t have any excursions at all!!!! I remember that WC cruisers didn’t have the same time restrictions as us on regular cruises. But I don’t want to feel a second class citizen!!!

Unexpected and huge disappointment :(

We just booked a first segment of 2019 WC. To my unpleasant surprise some of the excursions are sold out AND some days don’t have any excursions at all!!!! I remember that WC cruisers didn’t have the same time restrictions as us on regular cruises. But I don’t want to feel a second class citizen!!!

I would have to say relax. We did not buy into the jump out of bed at 2am the moment a tour is available. We booked everything we wanted in a relaxed fashion and, as most do, made changes when on board. We cancelled, changed times, booked other excursions all on board. Excellent on board staff and you just don't have to sweat it so much. Oh yes, we were in a DV, next to the bottom, aka "Steerage".:cool:

Nothing counts until booking actually opens. SOLD OUT is sometimes used a placeholder. (For example, there was a tour in Italy that kept showing up as sold out, while the truth of the matter was that the owner of the Palazzo had just died and they weren't offering that particular tour even though it was loaded into MVJ (read that here on CC)). Don't expect the entire calendar of choices to be filled in until your sail date gets closer (usually around 120 days but sometimes 100 or even 90 days out).

We are on the 2019 WC and booked about three weeks ago, in a PV cabin. Even then some of the big overland safaris were sold out. But for you, the first segment, I see only 4-5 excursions sold out even now that DV, the largest category, has booked. But Jim is absolutely right. Viking often adds more slots to popular excursions. And people are constantly making changes. Today, for example, I canceled an excursion at Easter Island and booked a different one. Just keep checking. And do consider going on your own. We are going to do that for the rainforest in PR ( which is on the sold out list).

Thank you guys for trying to calm me down. Really appreciate this especially from 3 of you :)

I had “only” 3 cruises with Viking and none of them had this problem. We are in PV cabin and 60 days out for booking excursions and at the same time SantaFe1 mentioned that DV of WC already booked their excursions. I really hope you are all right.

And, I forgot to mention, we are only in port in French Guiana for four hours. I called Viking about no excursions, and they said there would be none. We will just have a map and do a self guided tour. But believe me, with the WC people booking five months out, there are bound to be lots of changes made as we get nearer. And Viking is too smart to sell segments with no spots remaining open! We will all have a wonderful time.

And, I forgot to mention, we are only in port in French Guiana for four hours. I called Viking about no excursions, and they said there would be none. We will just have a map and do a self guided tour. But believe me, with the WC people booking five months out, there are bound to be lots of changes made as we get nearer. And Viking is too smart to sell segments with no spots remaining open! We will all have a wonderful time.

And that's the truth....:cool: