Does MSC ever answer their phones?

pizza123

We've been trying to upgrade our Drinks on Us package but get put on hold for over an hour - this has happened 3 times! Tried to have them call us and the email says their email box is full. What is going on?

I had the same experience and posted about it on this site. I tried all different ways to get through. Finally i just have up. Others have said the same thing.

However, some people got through in minutes. LOL

I know that even travel agents hate to call MSC because they will not answer their phones.

Good luck. Happy CRUISING!

It is frustrating, I just kept calling at different times and eventually got through. Tried calling on a Saturday at 10:30am and was on hold for 40mins before I hung up. Tried on Sunday around 11:00am and someone answered in about 5 minutes. I've had some luck calling late in the afternoon too.

I guess the point of this is. Regardless if someone does get through in minutes, many are waiting for over an hour. A business as big as MSC should answer their phones in a timely manner. Within minutes most of the time.

What does it cost to pay more people to answer the phone, compare to having people hang up and loose a booking?

I guess the point of this is. Regardless if someone does get through in minutes, many are waiting for over an hour. A business as big as MSC should answer their phones in a timely manner. Within minutes most of the time.

What does it cost to pay more people to answer the phone, compare to having people hang up and loose a booking?

No other cruise line I dealt with has this problem. Truly perplexing.

No other cruise line I dealt with has this problem. Truly perplexing.

We agree! I think it is really bad when a travel agent said the same thing about being in hold for an extended period of time. MSC has various selection options so MSC knows whether you are an agent, Black Card, etc.

I'm sure some people may get through in minutes. However, again, those who wait over an hour find it very agitating.

Come on, next you will complain there are long lines for the rides at Disney during a holiday weekend.

As many have said, call during off peak times. No need to stay on hold for more than 10 minutes to get the 1st human.

Call centers have metrics, dropped calls are one of the biggies...if majority of callers hang up in 10 minutes...they will take notice.

Same with service desk on Deck 5 atrium on Seaside, go at off times and there is zero wait...

Our lives are easy, enjoy your cruise!

Maybe I was just lucky but I never had to wait longer than a couple of minutes.

I called MSC USA customer support 4 times since February 2018 and each time

my question has been answered to my satisfaction.

I agree that the "slowest" time seems to be in the morning EST.

Come on, next you will complain there are long lines for the rides at Disney during a holiday weekend.

As many have said, call during off peak times. No need to stay on hold for more than 10 minutes to get the 1st human.

Call centers have metrics, dropped calls are one of the biggies...if majority of callers hang up in 10 minutes...they will take notice.

Same with service desk on Deck 5 atrium on Seaside, go at off times and there is zero wait...

Our lives are easy, enjoy your cruise!

I really don't know the tone of your posting. It maybe taken 2 different ways.

So, I will just say. I have tried calling at all times of the day. Regardless of the time of day, there is no business that should keep any client on the phone for over an hour without someone answering, especially a TA.

Apparently you worked in a call center and know what the metrics are. Apparently MSC does not have a metric in their call center or else they would answer calls within a reasonable time. LOL

For MSC my way of avoiding waits on the toll free line is never book online, but get a person ( maybe wait on the first call to book ). But after that only call the same person on his/her direct line ( for booking changes, payments etc ). When you call back direct, you get either the person or personal voice mail for a callback. Works perfect, at least for North American bookings ( you are calling to a direct line at their Fort Lauderdale

office )

For MSC my way of avoiding waits on the toll free line is never book online, but get a person ( maybe wait on the first call to book ). But after that only call the same person on his/her direct line ( for booking changes, payments etc ). When you call back direct, you get either the person or personal voice mail for a callback. Works perfect, at least for North American bookings ( you are calling to a direct line at their Fort Lauderdale

office )

My travel agency, which is a large one in the U.S. can reach them quickly.

That is an advantage of using a TA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

office )

A phone call to any Cruise Line is not always about booking on-line. In fact, there are more ways to book than On-line. LOL

My TA told me that MSC is converting to a new computer system and hiring a bunch of new staff. The hold times have been very long for the past few weeks. Sounds like things have been a bit bumpy. The TA said that the current wait times should be worth it for the increased capacity they will gain in the long rug.

We've been trying to upgrade our Drinks on Us package but get put on hold for over an hour - this has happened 3 times! Tried to have them call us and the email says their email box is full. What is going on?

Call in the afternoon , it's less busy.

Hi-

It was meant to show that, as others have replied as well, the 1+ hour hold experience is not required.

Your handle shows Italy, which call center are you calling and from what location?

I do not hold for long times, just as if I knock, or ring, at a door and no one comes...I do not stand there.

We all have frustrations with airlines, hotel, insurance, credit cards, cable tv, and other call centers...it is part of the current state. I and others offered the ways we have minimized this frustration and stress...call times and strategies...seems some rather complain.

I never worked a call center, but respect those that do.

I feel MSC offers a good service to value ratio...if you do not...then please choose another line.

Plus the critic claiming a staffing issue, please provide all the data that you have to back up that claim.

Cheers, enjoy the cruise of your choosing!

I really don't know the tone of your posting. It maybe taken 2 different ways.

So, I will just say. I have tried calling at all times of the day. Regardless of the time of day, there is no business that should keep any client on the phone for over an hour without someone answering, especially a TA.

Apparently you worked in a call center and know what the metrics are. Apparently MSC does not have a metric in their call center or else they would answer calls within a reasonable time. LOL

Plus the critic claiming a staffing issue, please provide all the data that you have to back up that claim.

Even you should know that a reporter does not disclose the source ... ;p Plus there is enough evidence here on CC from the number of threads and posts on the phone issue.

News flash: cronic complainers...complain.

Despite the cronic complaints, easy to see most are booking/sailing MSC...so it overall is good stuff ;-)

Called today at 9:45am Eastern time and was talking to agent in 4 minutes and 23 seconds!

Added excursion and gave credit card...was off the phone in under 8 minutes...then checked online and Bam it was showing on our booking...

Yes, I’m a positive ‘can-do’ type person...not a complainer, but a problem solver...plus how hard is it to be happy planning a cruise...duh!

Even on this forum/topic, the vast majority of folks are not having a negative phone experience.

Life is Good, enjoy the cruise of your choice!

News Flash - Talk about civility! You sure lack it.

Why is it when someone posts on a forum and expresses their exact experiences they are:

Complaining

Cronic complainers

Not - a positive ‘can-do’ or problem solver?

Who really knows who is on the other end of the thread and posting? Apparently you don’t and others like you who constantly try to think you know or become the Dr. Phil personality.

Does it matter where a person is from if they are trying to contact MSC? It should not as they are paying guest, regardless, of where they are from.

FYI - I have lived around the world in many different countries. Do you want to have me list the countries I have lived in? LOL

Then the people who are trying to tell someone to ‘chose another cruise line.’

Do you pay for others cruises? How many cruises have you been on? How many cruise lines have you used? How many years have you been cruising?

FYI - Been on MSC: Lirica 2, Divina 3, Sinfonia 1 and going on Seaside this year.

So, I think I know a little about MSC since I have cruised MSC since 2006.

If you have some value added to your postings, that is great. However, you are typical of those who seem to know-it-all or become a ‘cheerleader.’

Yes, people have posted to inform those who have waited on the phone when to call MSC. Have you seen the times to call?

Direct quotes from other posters on this thread:

Called today at 9:45am Eastern time and was talking to agent in 4 minutes and 23 seconds!

Call in the afternoon , it's less busy.

I agree that the "slowest" time seems to be in the morning EST.

Try calling a t 9am Eastern time.

I call 1st thing in the morning or later at night

Until you experience that specific occurance, how can you be so blatant as to say these people are complaining just because they are sharing their experience either good or bad? That is what this forum is for.

Amazing how some people seem to know it all and can give all of this advice to others. Please don’t try to analyze people. An individual needs to analyze themselves first.

BYE the way - HAPPY CRUISING!