Anthem Solarium Adults Only???? Fact or Fiction

Is the adults only enforced on the Anthem? We sail in 4 weeks and hopefully it is. I do understand for sail away it’s not.

Restricted to ages 16 and over, and enforced on every RC ship we've been on.

On my last cruise there were a few kids in the corner of the Solarium for a bit one day. They were very much "seen and not heard" and no one made them move. They weren't there for long.

This is taken directly off the RC website:

"*During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium pool to be used by persons under age 16 provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian."

Except Anthem has another indoor pool so they don't need to open the solarium to those under 16.

Is the adults only enforced on the Anthem? We sail in 4 weeks and hopefully it is. I do understand for sail away it’s not.

We have seen them enforce the adults only rule on the Anthem Solarium. We have also seen a family refuse to remove their two kids from the Solarium. An Officer came and spoke to the parents and the group still remained in the Solarium. Granted, this happened at night and the two kids were the only people using a table at the time and there were lots of tables and loungers available, which could have been the parents argument. We were having dinner in Solarium Bistro at the time, so we couldn't hear the discussion, just saw all the gesturing towards the kids and heads shaky back and forth, no.

We were on Allure in Feb 2016. Saw a toddler in Solarium with parents. Told and showed the Solarium Bar Bartender. He just shrugged his shoulders and said they couldn’t ask them to leave.

Last year Thanksgiving week on the Anthem, the Solarium was open to children during sail away and the day after, due to inclement weather. We didn't see kids the rest of the week in the Solarium but not sure if it was enforced or people were following the rules.

Last year Thanksgiving week on the Anthem, the Solarium was open to children during sail away and the day after, due to inclement weather. We didn't see kids the rest of the week in the Solarium but not sure if it was enforced or people were following the rules.

That doesn't make any sense. There is an indoor family pool that can be used during inclement weather, children can use that pool. Was the indoor family pool closed?

On my first Anthem sailing, despite there being an enclosed pool, notice was given that if the outdoor pool was unusable due to weather the solarium pools would be available for all guests. I don't think kids were in the solarium on either cruise though.

Cruised on Anthem last month and never saw any kids in the Solarium. The indoor pool area was pretty underused in comparison to the Solarium, and there weren't a lot of kids in there either. The outdoor pool area has a lot to attract kids so that's where they were. I should say this was a cruise with what seemed to be very few children on board.

Now that they have lifeguards they have been enforcing the no 16 and under. I lived in the Solarium so I saw it a few times on our 9 day cruise. When teens are with their parents nothing is said, its not like they check ID's I know one family had a 14 YO with them. So I am sure some teenagers do get come in but no kids.

That doesn't make any sense. There is an indoor family pool that can be used during inclement weather, children can use that pool. Was the indoor family pool closed?

The indoor pool was covered and in use too. Maybe due to the inclement weather and very crowded during Thanksgiving week, children were allowed for the first 2 days in the Solarium. Not sure of their reasoning.

The indoor pool is 5 feet deep and not really small kid friendly. The Solarium is all wading pools. Plus there is also the Solarium Bistro.

The Solarium 'pools' are horrible. The noise is almost deafening, and the music is very loud. I avoid the Solarium on this class of ship because it's not really a quiet space.

The indoor pool is 5 feet deep and not really small kid friendly. The Solarium is all wading pools. Plus there is also the Solarium Bistro.

The Solarium 'pools' are horrible. The noise is almost deafening, and the music is very loud. I avoid the Solarium on this class of ship because it's not really a quiet space.

The indoor pool has an adjacent splash pool for kids. Very shallow. Saw little kids using it.

Two weeks ago it was full of lounge chairs. Not for kids on this cruise.

When I cruised it had some orange plastic chairs submerged in it. It was used by small children playing every day. Only saw one adult sitting on one of those chairs once and he looked like an idiot with all the little ones around him playing and splashing. So I guess that's why I perceived it for children's use, they were in it every day. It seemed to only be a few inches deep.

• 9 months later...

Most definitely not adults only on Rhapsody in early July, despite the weather being very pleasant.... Not great, and when we asked if it were an adult only space, we were told that children were just not permitted in the pool!

To be honest this really infuriated us, as it was a busy sailing and we just wanted a bit of peace away from some very loud younger guests.... Instead they followed us in there :) It was advertised as Adult only on the boards on the ship too.

Most definitely not adults only on Rhapsody in early July, despite the weather being very pleasant.... Not great, and when we asked if it were an adult only space, we were told that children were just not permitted in the pool!

To be honest this really infuriated us, as it was a busy sailing and we just wanted a bit of peace away from some very loud younger guests.... Instead they followed us in there :) It was advertised as Adult only on the boards on the ship too.

Probably because the Park Cafe is located in he Solarium. I can see where they were allowed up there, but just to eat and not to lounge around the pool.

Probably because the Park Cafe is located in he Solarium. I can see where they were allowed up there, but just to eat and not to lounge around the pool.

We were in the Solarium area at lot last year for the cafe with our kids-you’d think they’d had the food elsewhere to keep kids away from the whole area..