Live Review from Adventure of the Seas October 14, 2017

RIU Antillas is absolutely gorgeous!!! As a guest of the RIU Antillas (Adults only) you have also have access to the RIU Palace. Both sides appear to have the same things, such as bars, restaurants, and Cafes, but the RIU Palace has a much larger pool due to this being the family friendly side. The Antillas side was quieter and more laid back. I took the elevator up to get some amazing pictures of both sides.

bddeba99de7b413cfea6da4c991cbe90.jpg

View of the RIU Antillas pool

c6a56d4ed146b939d4ae0bc36f2aaca9.jpg

745632a5dbd9b5ff6cee355e8c3e6aab.jpg

a0751ab90ee6269a6b016038f73f4702.jpg

343d50a810078cdf6c865132ab1c8963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much is a day pass?

I purchased the RIU Antillas Day Pass for $130 usd on resortforaday dot com. It was just 10 minutes from the pier, I'm solo traveler so it cost me $15 to get here. The wifi works great and my verizon cell phone service is just $10 for the day.

I purchased the RIU Antillas Day Pass for $130 usd on resortforaday dot com. It was just 10 minutes from the pier, I'm solo traveler so it cost me $15 to get here. The wifi works great and my verizon cell phone service is just $10 for the day.

I "Assume" that includes unlimited drink and food. It is a little pricey, especially for two. But you seem to think it was well worth it! We may consider. Thanks

I "Assume" that includes unlimited drink and food. It is a little pricey, especially for two. But you seem to think it was well worth it! We may consider. Thanks

Yes, it is All Inclusive and there are many restaurants and bars. Traveling solo I thought it was worth it. I like to check out properties to see if they are a good option to take a vacation to.

I've had to visit guest services a couple times this week, and there is a gentleman named Paul that is super nice and helpful. After the first evening of him helping me with my VOOM access, anytime I stop by Guest Services he comes over, greets me by name, shakes my hand and ask what he can help me with. Even when there is a line he always make me feel as if I'm the highest loyalty customer. Remarkable experience :).

Does VOOM work anywhere on the ship or just in your stateroom and/or certainly parts of the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does VOOM work anywhere on the ship or just in your stateroom and/or certainly parts of the ship?

Voom works great everywhere. :) I have the surf n stream and I was able to use FB messenger to video chat with my husband and kids. Used it from my room and I've used it from the library on the ship.

We are going on the 10/28 Adventure as a group and I am LOVING all this information that happychippy is posting, and all the comments. I glanced up at your status of posts and saw the 100,000+ club and was blown away by the number! I saw that you were the host, but still, over 113,000 posts is really quite impressive. Keep up the good work of putting the correct information out there for the rest of us, it is very helpful!:)

Ernie

Although you have 5K+ posts, you must be new to the RCI forum. Bob is everywhere, and always with great info. So much so that they made him a host a few months ago! He had exceeded 100K posts before then. I thought about counting the number of times that his post says simply "Welcome to Cruise Critic", but I lost count. ;p

c4f3213b4a6cc7e8ec706680c6609df9.jpg

25779555a5c69c90b423865337cc1623.jpg

b0044d42f85b55ed85920dd93939e0e7.jpg

b76da298418138f16d43f77ff1d15365.jpg

Thank you for these & all of your posts. The info is priceless. So glad to hear the VOOM Pass works (mostly) throughout & is worth the $$. I will be glad to iMessage (iPhone/iPhone) to locate each other while onboard.

Wait a second ... did I just read that correctly? There's Ben & Jerry's on this ship!?? Any idea what it cost? Where's it located? #SoExcited

Wait a second ... did I just read that correctly? There's Ben & Jerry's on this ship!?? Any idea what it cost? Where's it located? #SoExcited

Ben and Jerrys is next to cafe promenade on deck 5.

We were around $3.95 for 2 scoops in a tub.

Santa Barbara Beach Resort was better than I could ever imagine!!! Absolutely gorgeous and I was even able to get a tour of their golf course. I wish I had more time to play but hopefully next time I'm in port I can play the greens. The Day Pass is All Inclusive and includes roundtrip transfers. Plenty of restaurants and bars available here by the pool or on the beach. It was raining but it was since cleared up to be a gorgeous day.

19ecbfcfb09a4842f1d14889e6217f8e.jpg

c56bafef1ae2c90f4c6274b52fa49c9a.jpg

704a2a1d8e46b64a250016ef3bbd93a1.jpg

0a69a4cb5dc318a71ce792b1af619c70.jpg

41123974275ad25894147ac48cfb9dc8.jpg

4985fbc65322e59fbb2e9bfdec2e6d8e.jpg

I'm In Curaçao, presently at the Santa Barbara Beach Resort and purchased the Day Pass on Resort for a Day dot com. Included roundtrip transfers. Just laying and relaxing on the beach. So quiet here. It must be their low season because I've only seen like 4 other people by the pool but the resort is really big.