Star Flyer: 26Nov - 6Dez 2009 Tahiti, et al

muskatnuss

Hi Guys!!!!

In three weeks we'll be at sea!!!! Suitcases packed :D ? OK, I can't help it if at 60 :rolleyes: I still get excited about a trip. I love travelling!!!

Who's on board besides we two and Bobfoltz??? Anyone on Tahiti before the tour???

We'll be at Le Meridien.

Arvi

We're on the week after you - arrive in Tahiti on the 5th. We got the snorkelgear out to check it yesterday and today the underwater camera is getting a once over :-)

When did you get your travel documents? We haven't seen ours yet but it seems like they should be coming in the next week or two.

-AJ

Muskatruss:

We are spending a couple of days in LA before flying to Tahiti, so we are leaving two weeks from tomorrow. I am also 60 but still get excited before a big trip! This is our second sailing cruise, the first was the Grenadines on the Royal Clipper which was magical. I expect this cruise to be even more special.

aj411:

I think we gor our documents this past Monday, November 2nd, which would be about 3 1/2 weeks before our sail date.

Bob and Linda Foltz

Muskatruss:

aj411:

I think we gor our documents this past Monday, November 2nd, which would be about 3 1/2 weeks before our sail date.

Bob and Linda Foltz

thanks I had thought they said they would process the docs 30 days before our trip so that sounds about right including mail time. I never lose the anticipation for time on a tall ship :-)

-AJ

:) AJ - wish you a great trip!

:) Bob and Linda - Yippeee!!!!! We received our docs on Monday of last week.

I know you told me when you're getting into PPT, but I can't find the posting. Have a great sign so that you know who I am....

My husband and I are on our third Clipper tour.

Ahoi and keep in touch!!!

Arvi

Muskatnuss:

Ww are arriving at 6:30 am on the day we sail and will spend the day at the Radisson. Hopefully we'll be recovered from our jet lag by the time we board later that day.

Bob and Linda Foltz

Oh! Dear me!!! We (Volker and I) will keep our fingers crossed. Get on board as early as possible, and sleep the rest out!!! You have to stay awake for the sail away (Conquest of Paradise).:)

antonia.beanka@googlemail.com

C U soon!

Arvi - who will be carrying a birthday cake around untill Bob and Linda say, "HI!"

Just got back from Star Flyer Tahiti. You all will have a great time! There was definately "motion". I did the patch and was soooo glad I did. Take your snorkle equipment, they do not have enough for everyone onboard. I had a day room at Radisson in Tahiti on the return since my flight to lax was at 1:55am! Radisson pretty nice. Black sand beach. Nice pool area. You are limited on eating at their restaurant since nothing nearby. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

We're back!!!!! It was fantabulous!!!:D No patch needed. The boat rocked, but mostly because we were having so much fun. Thanks, Bob and Linda, Thanks Carole and Stu.

The weather was great. A bit windy on days at sea, but no problem. Good food, nice people, nice ports. Could have stayed on Tahaa another day or two or three....:rolleyes:

And thanks to about 145 more!!!:)

Ahoy,

Just got back from the Tahiti on the Star Flyer. In short, great time, perfect weather, smooth seas, great crew, fantastic food and a nice mix of folks. Although a bit older than last years group but that's OK.

Sorry to see the Star Flyer leave Tahiti as I don't see us back there anytime soon. It just wouldn't have the same magic sitting in a resort or being on a standard cruise ship.

As we departed Tahiti on Air Tahiti Nui I was seated on the left side of the aircraft at a window seat. I anticipated that I might see the Star Flyer on it's way to Moorea as we took off at 02:00AM. Sure enough there she was. Very few lights were on at the time but just as we passed over the ship all the lights on board came on. That was the icing on the cake to another fantastic Star Clipper cruise.

I'm a bit surprised about the comments concerning our CD Angela. I thought see did a fine job but in my 22 cruises the CD has never been much of a factor in my overall opinion the cruise.

Bon voyage to all you lucky folks who are booked on the remaining Star Flyer cruises in Tahiti. Who knows when or if we'll get to have this wonderful experience again.

Pat + Mindy

Star Clipper 2/01

Star Flyer 12/08

Star Flyer 12/09

Archived