Independence Logo Shop

quadman

I read in a post here several months ago that the RCI logo shop on IOS was rather small in comparison to other RCI ships. I'm a fan of logo polo shirts and was hoping to purchase one of the nice RCI navy blue shirts with "Independence of the Seas" and the Crown & Anchor logo on the left chest on my upcoming cruise departing March 30. This type of shirt is what I purchased on my only previous cruise on Jewel in 2006. Does anyone who's recently cruised on IOS know if such polo shirts are available to purchase aboard? Thanks!

I read in a post here several months ago that the RCI logo shop on IOS was rather small in comparison to other RCI ships. I'm a fan of logo polo shirts and was hoping to purchase one of the nice RCI navy blue shirts with "Independence of the Seas" and the Crown & Anchor logo on the left chest on my upcoming cruise departing March 30. This type of shirt is what I purchased on my only previous cruise on Jewel in 2006. Does anyone who's recently cruised on IOS know if such polo shirts are available to purchase aboard? Thanks!

Did Indy in December and the shirt you want was available, I got the same one in a sea green.

Other logo items were almost non existent.

The logo shop on the IOS was pretty non-existant. I was very disappointed. Wanted to get a few t-shirts and they really had nothing. We were told that the logo shop on the IOS is run from a company in the UK and its the only ship like that.

The logo shop on the IOS was pretty non-existant. I was very disappointed. Wanted to get a few t-shirts and they really had nothing. We were told that the logo shop on the IOS is run from a company in the UK and its the only ship like that.

Is everything on this ship run by the UK? I'm starting to wonder!

Indy had sailed out of England for over 2 years straight, so it took them (is taking them?) a while to acclimate to the US cruise market after she came back to Florida this past December.

Indy had sailed out of England for over 2 years straight, so it took them (is taking them?) a while to acclimate to the US cruise market after she came back to Florida this past December.

Bob, understood. I just keep hearing that excuse for a lot of the little things I look forward to, not being there. Just has me a little worried.

Just the shops. The shops on the other ships are run by an external company, and Royal obviously decided to change things around on Indy to be more relevant to a UK market. This consisted of refitting all the shops, and removing the dedicated Logo shop.

The branded RCI/Independence stuff is still there, but it is spread around the other shops (souvenirs, keyrings, magnets etc. in the gift shop, branded clothing is now in the chothes shop), and there is less of it than there was before.

There is however a large selection of t-shirts/hats/hoodies which have the ship name or RCI logo on. Other stuff such as ship models there are less of.

Just the shops. The shops on the other ships are run by an external company, and Royal obviously decided to change things around on Indy to be more relevant to a UK market. This consisted of refitting all the shops, and removing the dedicated Logo shop.

The branded RCI/Independence stuff is still there, but it is spread around the other shops (souvenirs, keyrings, magnets etc. in the gift shop, branded clothing is now in the chothes shop), and there is less of it than there was before.

There is however a large selection of t-shirts/hats/hoodies which have the ship name or RCI logo on. Other stuff such as ship models there are less of.

Thanks. Another thing that I am disappointed in is that the Indy doesn't seem to have a true Calypso band onboard, and it must be for the same reason, that it was in England. My family and I really enjoy listening to the reggae band so this is a big thing for me. Not sure why there isn't one now that the ship is in the US.

BTW, you're a fast poster!! :)

The Logo shops on the ships are the only shops that I really enjoy. This is a bit disappointing. And if I didn't already have a model of Indy from my last cruise on the ship I would certainly be a bit disappointed to not find them on the ship.

If Indy is going to be in the US and sailing to the Caribbean for 5-6 months of the year then RCI should gear the ship as it does all of its other ships during those months.

The Logo shops on the ships are the only shops that I really enjoy. This is a bit disappointing. And if I didn't already have a model of Indy from my last cruise on the ship I would certainly be a bit disappointed to not find them on the ship.

If Indy is going to be in the US and sailing to the Caribbean for 5-6 months of the year then RCI should gear the ship as it does all of its other ships during those months.

Me too. Don't get me wrong, I know I'll have a great time, but I'm starting to get a little irritated with constantly hearing about the "UK" in everything that should be run as normal with Royal Caribbean but isn't. The Logo shop should be stocked full of Indy gear and the entertainment should be geared towards the US. I have never been on a ship/cruise yet that did not have a Caribbean band. And I've been on a ton. I don't get it.

There is a calypso band on the Indy at least there was one last month.I believe they were called EXTRA BAND.they were good too.

Hi Elizabeth, thanks. I am familiar with that band and I am pretty sure they're not a true reggae band...they're a band that plays everything basically. I am interested in The guys from the Caribbean with the steel drum :)

Hi Elizabeth, thanks. I am familiar with that band and I am pretty sure they're not a true reggae band...they're a band that plays everything basically. I am interested in The guys from the Caribbean with the steel drum :)

My Bad, I rarely see any steel drum bands on ships any more.Some ports have them playing at the pier and I believe coco cay had a group playing last time I was there.I will be on the 2/24 sailing of the Indy also. Sailed on her in mid dec and had a great time.Looking forward to this trip, see you on board.

My Bad, I rarely see any steel drum bands on ships any more.Some ports have them playing at the pier and I believe coco cay had a group playing last time I was there.I will be on the 2/24 sailing of the Indy also. Sailed on her in mid dec and had a great time.Looking forward to this trip, see you on board.

That's okay! Every Caribbean cruise I've been on has had a calypso band...last year on basically the same sailing date I was on Navigator and they had one.

Anyway, thanks and have a great cruise!

Archived