Deleting 3rd person.....

laginog

We booked our cruise with 3 of us in the cabin. I’ve been checking rates and they have gone up quite a bit. Our 3rd person may not be able to go now. If we remove him, will they re-rate the other 2 people to the new rates? If they do, it would be cheaper for us to just have him not show up. Final payment is not due until December.

Another question on the same line....my Mom is booked as a single. IF she adds someone, will they re-rate them both?

We booked our cruise with 3 of us in the cabin. I’ve been checking rates and they have gone up quite a bit. Our 3rd person may not be able to go now. If we remove him, will they re-rate the other 2 people to the new rates? If they do, it would be cheaper for us to just have him not show up. Final payment is not due until December.

Another question on the same line....my Mom is booked as a single. IF she adds someone, will they re-rate them both?

Your rates should not change if you remove the third person. Also, I believe you have until 2 weeks before the cruise to remove the 3rd person without penalty.

I don't believe your Mom would be re-priced if she adds a second person, however the second person would have to pay current rates. You may want to add this second person now (assuming the prices are the same as when your Mom booked) just to freeze the price on the second guest.

What if you have two people in your cabin and the second person can't go - is it best to let them not show up so you can get the taxes and fees refunded or will there be a penaty?

The taxes will be refunded no matter of the second person cancels or is a no-show. However, some prefer the no-show method so as to preclude any potential re-pricing.

The taxes will be refunded no matter of the second person cancels or is a no-show. However, some prefer the no-show method so as to preclude any potential re-pricing.

If someone is a no show vs. being cancelled does the remaining single person get double points?

My travel agent is telling me that they will reprice the 2 people left in the cabin. Also that they will make us move. Couple issues there.....we need an accessible cabin, and my elderly mother is next door with an accessible cabin & will need our help. I thought about calling RCI but....since we are booked through the travel agent, I know they won’t tell us anything.

My travel agent is telling me that they will reprice the 2 people left in the cabin. Also that they will make us move. Couple issues there.....we need an accessible cabin, and my elderly mother is next door with an accessible cabin & will need our help. I thought about calling RCI but....since we are booked through the travel agent, I know they won’t tell us anything.

You may be stuck with having the third person be a no-show.