3 new sailings added to Symphony - EARLIER DATES

She will be ready early and they have added 3 sailings-

5 night Western Med from Barcelona March 31, 2018 - which they are calling a Pre Opening sailing, not a Shake Down sailing !

7 night Western Med from Barcelona April 7 and April 14, 2018

Those booked on the April 21 Inaugural can move to these earlier dates

She will be ready early and they have added 3 sailings-

5 night Western Med from Barcelona March 31, 2018 - which they are calling a Pre Opening sailing, not a Shake Down sailing !

7 night Western Med from Barcelona April 7 and April 14, 2018

Those booked on the April 21 Inaugural can move to these earlier dates

Thanks for the info. We are sailing on 28th April, so with the extra dates, hopefully any teething problems will be well and truly resolved by time we sail. :)

I am on the 21st so rather disappointed with the change. I intentionally targeted the Inaugural as I wanted that experience.

Technically, they may still call your sailing the inaugural.

It might be a bit chilly for them to install many plants in Central Park in mid March (avg low of high 30s that time of year).

Edited by Biker19

In the theme park business they call this a "soft opening" aka dry runs. No guarantees that everything will be running 100%, but it makes sense to break in the ship with guests rather than just let it sit around for a few weeks I suppose. Wondering what the fares will look like.

I that aswell.The14/04 is showing at £811 for an inside cabin which is the cheapest price but not showing the all Inc drinks package which is on in the UK just now and it can't be booked online at the moment.

Not sounding all that special.

Here's a snipet as posted on the UK Cruisers board....

"According to a Royal Caribbean statement, "The advanced timeline is a result of experience and efficiencies garnered with STX France, the same ship yard where Harmony of the Seas was built in 2016."

With its earlier launch date in place, Symphony of the Seas will now sail three additional voyages. The first, a pre-inaugural sailing departing March 31, 2018, will be a five-day cruise out of Barcelona with stops in Naples and Rome. Two seven-night cruises will depart on April 7 (the ship's official inaugural cruise) and 14, with stops in Palma De Mallorca, Marseille, Livorno, Civitavecchia and Naples."

In the theme park business they call this a "soft opening" aka dry runs. No guarantees that everything will be running 100%, but it makes sense to break in the ship with guests rather than just let it sit around for a few weeks I suppose. Wondering what the fares will look like.

Fares are already up and posted. Go take a look. They're not cheap, that's for sure. LOL But what an amazing ship she will be. Looking forward to having our time aboard her.

We are booked on the original inaugural date 21st April with a package including flights. We booked these back in March on the first day of Sales and got a pretty good deal.. Our chosen room on the new date of 7th April has now gone already and the flights RCI are offering don't get us in Barcelona until 2pm and don't include transfers. Worse still they are indirect. 6 hours for a flight that is normally 2.5 hours.

The final whammy is the cost - it will cost us arund £700 extra to the new cruise date.

As an aside, I have only done a per-inaugural. What extras if any do you get on the normal inaugural?