Anthem sjs 6240 toilet flushing sound

Yes. Your post gave me the confidence to push it a bit. Thank you.

I am glad Guest Services took care of you.

Anthem is a great ship with a great crew.

We were on the frozen tundra cruise over New Year's Eve. Any time, including in the snow and rain, a cruise on the Anthem is a great cruise. However.... December and January out of Bayonne glad I had winter jacket, 2 pairs of sweat pants and tights

• 5 weeks later...
We’ve just returned from sailing in 7240, and I wanted to report that it was a wonderfully quiet cabin. No strange flushing noises, and no elevator area noise. And the location is incredibly convenient. We loved it!

Thanks for the report back. Next time I'll stay deck 7 or above.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from the Anthem in cabin 6242 Spa Junior Suite. After reading posts before sailing, I tried to switch cabins but none were available. Noise from flushing was day & night. After shows horrible, one flush after another. Sent us some earplugs. Midway through cruise offered to downgrade us to a balcony with a lifeboat in front. DH didn’t want to move. Ended up from not sleeping with a cold & bags under eyes. Last two days stayed in bed & listened to the flushing, one after the other. We were given a FCC of 20% of base price of cruise, which they will mail us, not worth it, stay away from this cabin.

I think this problem may be more widespread than previously thought.

I was on Anthem for the January 19th sailing and the first time I heard the "Whooooosh" of a toilet flushing that wasn't mine, was about 10 minutes after I got to my cabin on deck 10, cabin 10586. This flushing went on day and night the whole cruise. Yes, I did report it to maintenance and when they shrugged their shoulders, I went to Guest Relations who handed me a few sets of ear plugs. I was looking forward to a quiet and enjoyable cruise, but between this flushing noise and a huge group of unruly passengers, I didn't get either.

Just returned from the Anthem in cabin 6242 Spa Junior Suite. After reading posts before sailing, I tried to switch cabins but none were available. Noise from flushing was day & night. After shows horrible, one flush after another. Sent us some earplugs. Midway through cruise offered to downgrade us to a balcony with a lifeboat in front. DH didn’t want to move. Ended up from not sleeping with a cold & bags under eyes. Last two days stayed in bed & listened to the flushing, one after the other. We were given a FCC of 20% of base price of cruise, which they will mail us, not worth it, stay away from this cabin.

It's amazing that they can't resolve this. There has to be a way to insulate the cabin from that noise. Glad you got the 20% though. We were given 15%.

Okay we just had that same experience getting off the Anthem last Saturday . Our room was 11622 . At night it woke me (not my husband) up ALOT . It did happen a few times during the day when we were in our rooms . The sound to me was very loud like a HUGE flush (no pun intended) was being done. Looking at the decks above us , we were right under the H20 zone. Our friends beside us didn't have that sound at all, so I'm guessing we were right next to a drain. None the less I would rather be there than in the snow :D:D

• 5 months later...

Same issue in 9541 on Anthem. It's loud and it's all day and night. Woke me up several times. Spent the first couple of days just trying to figure out what it was since we had not experienced this type of noise issue on prior sailings. So loud that it can be heard in the corridor outside the cabin as well. Not exactly the most relaxing to spend vacation :(