EZair flight time changed - no notification from Princess

Sandi07054

They have ours all booked to what Princess says is acceptable now although our return flight from London to Atlanta only allows an hour and a half in Atlanta before our final flight into Ft Lauderdale. I called and questioned them and they said that was plenty of time to clear customs, and it would cost me 600.00 to change to another flight. I guess we'll see.

If your flight arrives late or you fail to clear Customs on time, the airline will put you on another flight at no charge....at least that was our experience.

I literally ran to the gate after a long Customs line and the gate agent was surprised that I was there; he commented that he'd already reserved me a seat on the next flight because he didn't think I could make it. I was quite surprised that they were following me and aware of how tight I was running.

Customs lines can be next to nothing or can be the "horrible, terrible" of travel. There is really no way to predict which you will get.

I literally ran to the gate after a long Customs line and the gate agent was surprised that I was there; he commented that he'd already reserved me a seat on the next flight because he didn't think I could make it. I was quite surprised that they were following me and aware of how tight I was running.

We also had a late arrival flight involving Delta at Atlanta. We did manage to make it through customs and to our ongoing flight, but Delta told us they had protected us to be on a later flight if necessary.

So we made it to our home airport on schedule. But one of our suitcases went on the later flight as the system automatically assigned it to that flight instead of the one we were actually on.

Thanks for the comforting replies about Delta later flights. I do see other flights into our home airport so won't worry as much. At least we'll be stranded in the States and not in Europe, but maybe that's not such a bad idea. LOL.

The other day we had about a 10 minute change in flight times on EZAir, and Princess notified me before Delta did. That booking is still directly with Princess since we haven't turned it over to the Big Box store yet, so that probably saved some time. It came directly to us instead of a travel agency.

I just checked with United for a flight out of Newark to Seattle on June 8. It is scheduled on my Princess itinerary as 11:30 am. United said it was changed to 11:10. Why wasn’t I notified by Princess? And EZAir recommends flights 11:30 am forward. Is this normal?I’m getting nervous now about using EZair. Tried to call Princess today but they are closed

Thanks for your feedback[/quote

EZAir by princess isn't final until your final payment, so until that date nothing is confirmed. Once you make your final payment your air fare is confirmed, at that time princess will communicate changes to your flight changes.

They have ours all booked to what Princess says is acceptable now although our return flight from London to Atlanta only allows an hour and a half in Atlanta before our final flight into Ft Lauderdale. I called and questioned them and they said that was plenty of time to clear customs, and it would cost me 600.00 to change to another flight. I guess we'll see.

You might make it and you might not. But if you miss the connecting flight the airline will put you on a later flight (hopefully the same day) with no extra charges. We fly through ATL every years (coming from Puerto Vallarta) and we have Global Entry which does speed up things. But the problem is it can take 15 min just to get off your plane (unless you are up front) and then you have to clear Immigration. Then you wait for your checked luggage to come up (this can take 30-45 min). And finally you must retrieve your luggage and get into another queue to pass through Customs and another TSA security check.. At that point you quickly re-check your luggage and can be on your way to try and catch your flight. Sometimes we have been at our next flight gate in about an hour.....but other times it has taken around 2 hours.

But your 1 1/2 hours does meet the minimum connection time standards of the domestic airlines which I believe is still 1:25....so you are protected from paying additional fees if you miss the flight (you just tell the airline you were delayed by immmigration/Customs and TSA.

Hank

It would probably be worth applying for global entry if you have time. Anything to save time where you can. When we travel - to just about anywhere - we fly from Memphis, TN to ATL and then on from there. Coming home to Mississippi from Hawaii we had a layover at LAX, flew over Memphis for a layover at ATL and then back to MEM!

I never go through ATL without at least a two hour layover, but I typically travel with four folks who aren't able to run easily. I cannot imagine attempting that airport, with customs, in an hour and a half. You'll need lots of luck and good running shoes. I hope it works out for you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk