Junior suite or Grand suite on Harmony?

nashirak

Tell me if I’m reasoning this out correctly in my head. I had a W Guarantee for my cruise coming up in April. I just got assigned a Junior Suite (room location itself is fine, deck 10 on the rear hump). I was mulling over bumping to a grand suite, and my TA could upgrade for just under $1000.

Here’s my thinking: we’d be each getting an internet package since we’ll be leaving a one-year-old child with family, it’s our first trip without her. We’d be buying drinks. For sake of comparison, let’s use the drink/Voom package, which for two comes to about $950 for two for the week.

As I understand it (having never sailed in sky class), the grand suite comes with internet for each occupant, and there are complimentary soda/beer/wine in the suite lounge throughout the day and cocktails at happy hour, plus all the other sky perks I see listed.

For those who have sailed in sky class (or a grand suite in particular), does this sound like a worthwhile upgrade? Am I missing something? There still show to be about 19-20 grands unsold for now, so I’ll wait and watch prices to see if it gets any better before I pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having sailed in both, what is your itinerary? Private beach in Labadee is a nice GS perk. So is the private deck on the ship ;)

Eastern Caribbean (Labadee, San Juan, St Maarten)

If you can afford it go for it. 20 GS left with only 2 months to go sounds like a lot to me. I "think" there are only 30 of them total.

I was surprised, too. There are also still several loft suites (all types) and a few of the aqua suites. I was surprised to see so many suites still available with less than 60 days left.

I was surprised, too. There are also still several loft suites (all types) and a few of the aqua suites. I was surprised to see so many suites still available with less than 60 days left.

I don't know how much if any suites prices go down after final payment date but the price seems like it is still up there for so much availability

200 in value for internet alone. Depending on your drinking habits you may be fine with some drinks at lunch and dinner and occasional drink mid day in the SL. If so then even more value in bumping up to the suite.

If you want drinks by the pool each day, out at the bars/shows at night then you may want a drinking package either way. This would nullify the benefit of the SL drinks. So it may depend a little on that one.

The CK for breakfast is quite nice relative to other places imo and same goes for lunch.

You may want to check out the price of a CL suite. Sometimes there are similar to a GS and then I think it would be a no brainer.

You may want to check out the price of a CL suite. Sometimes there are similar to a GS and then I think it would be a no brainer.

I toyed with that idea. But those are another $1000 per person on TOP of the grand suite rate.

The only perk those have (besides the wow factor) is being able to take two steps and be in the CK/SL.

As far as drinks in SL, it's house wine, soda, coffee, tea, juice, some domestic beers. Cocktails are a limited menu and no blended drinks. Not sure if that makes a difference to you?

I’m okay with that. We have OBC and a couple C&A perk drinks each if we want something special.

We had a grand suite on Harmony last fall, and the Suite Class perks were well worth it for us. Coastal Kitchen all day access was really nice- we had breakfast there every morning and avoided the windjammer crowds. The suite lounge concierges go above and beyond to help you.

The suite deck out by the pool was never crowded, and we were able to get chairs at any point in the day without a problem. Never had to wait for a drink at the suite deck bar either. Suite Class guests were also invited to a sunset cocktail party on the helipad during our trip- we had a great time. Priority departure was a HUGE plus.

If you can swing it, I'd say go for it!

I toyed with that idea. But those are another $1000 per person on TOP of the grand suite rate.

The only perk those have (besides the wow factor) is being able to take two steps and be in the CK/SL.

Yeah not worth that much more. I’d do the GS given your replies. Either way have a blast. Harmony is a beautiful ship.