Drink Package Question

mrssixty

Two years ago we took a short cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas and purchased the alcohol drink package. We were able to use it on the RC private island where we stopped for the day. This year we are cruising on Harmony and the Island stop is Haiti Labade. Does anyone know if we will be able to use the drink package on the Island?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Two years ago we took a short cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas and purchased the alcohol drink package. We were able to use it on the RC private island where we stopped for the day. This year we are cruising on Harmony and the Island stop is Haiti Labade. Does anyone know if we will be able to use the drink package on the Island?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, you can use any of the packages on Labadee.

Thank you. There is a discount special being offered now....buy one get on 1/2 off. I guess I better jump on it:)

Ignore the wording of the offer.

Buy if you like the price.

The words mean nothing. NOTHING. ;)

The package works on the ship, and on the private destinations, because they are considered extensions of the ships. It is still Royal Caribbean "selling" you the drinks.

:)

Ignore the wording of the offer.

Buy if you like the price.

The words mean nothing. NOTHING. ;)

The package works on the ship, and on the private destinations, because they are considered extensions of the ships. It is still Royal Caribbean "selling" you the drinks.

:)

While I agree with your sentiment that RCI has "fake" sales, BOGO half off is a good deal, unless of course the base price they use is ridiculously high. The highest I've seen the packages sold for is $58 so assuming that's the price point, it comes out to a good deal. My current sailing has the package at $48 which is the cheapest I've ever personally seen it.

We are on the Harmony in November so if you dont mind me asking???? how much is it per day for you?? Mine is still showing $48.00 +18% a day

I've started to observe a trend that the drink packages are going down in price. I paid $55 in December on Oasis. This year, I'm paying $48.

While I agree with your sentiment that RCI has "fake" sales, BOGO half off is a good deal, unless of course the base price they use is ridiculously high. The highest I've seen the packages sold for is $58 so assuming that's the price point, it comes out to a good deal. My current sailing has the package at $48 which is the cheapest I've ever personally seen it.

So that BOGO offer...what does it break out to per person, before gratuity? Just curious.

BOGOHO = 25% off per person.

There have been lots of recent reports, and I have seen some in my Cruise Planner, for $42, $41, $39, $38.

So that BOGO offer...what does it break out to per person, before gratuity? Just curious.

The price they list is the price per person including the discount (which works out to 25% off pp). As others have said, go by the dollar amount and ignore the xx off hype that changes daily. If you see a good dollar value, buy it. And keep watching because you can cancel and rebuy if the price goes down. Also, if you are planning on getting internet check for combo deals.

The price they list is the price per person including the discount (which works out to 25% off pp). As others have said, go by the dollar amount and ignore the xx off hype that changes daily. If you see a good dollar value, buy it. And keep watching because you can cancel and rebuy if the price goes down. Also, if you are planning on getting internet check for combo deals.

True -- DH & I did BOGO 1/2, which worked out to $42.50 / day each. We're cruising with our daughters, one of whom can't drink due to medical issues, so we got them refreshment packages, which were only $18/day then, since other daughter's one alcohol pkg would have been $57, so we just told her she could buy individual drinks.

Last week, it was down to $45 pp, so we cancelled one refreshment pkg & ordered one alcohol pkg. Today it was down to $42, so we cancelled & rebooked again, saving $21 for the week. (all those #'s are before the 18% gratuity is added on)

Our drink package on the April 26 Grandeur sailing went down to $39 per person today. Do you think they are lowering the prices because it is mandatory for all persons 21 and over in each cabin to purchase it? Ordinarily, the three drinks loaded to my card are enough for me and my husband would purchase the package. Now we both have to buy it.

Our drink package on the April 26 Grandeur sailing went down to $39 per person today. Do you think they are lowering the prices because it is mandatory for all persons 21 and over in each cabin to purchase it? Ordinarily, the three drinks loaded to my card are enough for me and my husband would purchase the package. Now we both have to buy it.

They lower the price if they are not meeting sales numbers,

You can call in and order a drink package for one person and refreshment for the other.

Drink packages are rarely a good deal. You'd have to drink about 5-7 alcoholic drinks per day just to break even. This includes port days when you're off the ship most of the day. Riddle me this. Do you think cruise lines are out to lose money, break even, or make money? Congratulations if you guessed "make money." They don't sell these packages unless the averages work in their favor. Most passengers don't drink that much.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Drink packages are rarely a good deal. You'd have to drink about 5-7 alcoholic drinks per day just to break even. This includes port days when you're off the ship most of the day. Riddle me this. Do you think cruise lines are out to lose money, break even, or make money? Congratulations if you guessed "make money." They don't sell these packages unless the averages work in their favor. Most passengers don't drink that much.

Depends on the person, but we've always surpassed the "break even" point. Our packages were purchased at $43 per person per day. Even on a port day, we will have a minimum of couple bottles of water to take on shore with us, a before dinner drink, two glasses of wine at dinner, and then a drink or two after dinner, plus a couple more bottles of water.

Depends on the person, but we've always surpassed the "break even" point. Our packages were purchased at $43 per person per day. Even on a port day, we will have a minimum of couple bottles of water to take on shore with us, a before dinner drink, two glasses of wine at dinner, and then a drink or two after dinner, plus a couple more bottles of water.

Well, you can easily buy bottles of water on shore for $1, but if carrying over-priced water off the ship makes someone feel better about their decision to purchase the drink package, so be it. I happen to feel that most times, for most passengers, beverage packages are a bad deal. Cruise lines do extensive studies on this and price the packages for profit.

Well, you can easily buy bottles of water on shore for $1, but if carrying over-priced water off the ship makes someone feel better about their decision to purchase the drink package, so be it. I happen to feel that most times, for most passengers, beverage packages are a bad deal. Cruise lines do extensive studies on this and price the packages for profit.

LOL do you seriously wait to stop at a port to buy bottled water so you can save a buck or two? Jesus Christ man, enjoy your cruise!

I appreciate the concern, but it takes 30 seconds to buy water from a street vendor, which saves the hassle of lugging it around (which people apparently do to make themselves feel better about their beverage package purchase).

Settle dude. No-one forces you to buy a drinks package or 'lug around water'.

We worked out buying individual drinks to going with a drinks package - it will probably cost us about $50 (Australian) more each over the course of our cruise to have the drinks package.

We are more than happy to wear this extra cost because we won't have to worry about going over our budget for each day, worry about paying for it at the end of the trip, or even have to worry about finding cheap water onshore.

Thats what we paid -- So happy we got a good deal. :D