25 day cruise starting in Barcelona

Knickearth

It depends on what and where you want. When we fly in the day before the cruise and want a place to sleep and recover from the time change, we stay at the Tryp Aeropuerto. It is close to the airport and offers free transportation to/from the airport as well as a paid shuttle to the cruise port. It is rather on the level of a regular big city Holiday Inn--big atrium, bar, restaurant, meeting facilities, internet (don't pay extra for the internet; the whole building has wifi), and is on several bus lines for more casual food. We usually just have pizza delivered! All desk staff is fluent in English and very helpful.

The rooms are clean and very decent. I generally pay about $100 per night--sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. BUT you are not downtown, there is no nearby sightseeing, etc. It is great when you want to basically sleep and recover. The downtown hotels cost a lot more but have nearby sightseeing.

We stayed a couple of days at the NH Barcelona Centro. Quaint hotel in the Gothic Quarter, very close to Las Ramblas but on a quiet street. Reasonably priced, I think we paid around $110 a night. Would stay there again if we’re in Barcelona.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many good choices in Barcelona, as someone suggested, check the roll call for your cruise, plus port section for Spain has a great deal of information. I don't stay at chain hotels, more expensive hotels, I go for the unusual, older, different hotels. It isn't about the money (as I'm paying double for my cruises) I happen to like quirky.

I love Rambla, some don't as it is congested, noisy, but I find it fun (and I'm 70)! I was in Barcelona last Fall stayed on Rambla at the Lloret, I've stayed at the Continental, too close to Placa de Catalunya where hop on, hop off buses are.

, .

I love Rambla, some don't as it is congested, noisy, but I find it fun (and I'm 70)! I was in Barcelona last Fall stayed on Rambla at the Lloret, I've stayed at the Continental, too close to Placa de Catalunya where hop on, hop off buses are.

We always stay at the Continental. While not "five star," It is clean, convenient, and cheap in comparison to other hotels. You can't beat free food, wine, beer, and computer access.. The rooms are small but the bathrooms are good. You can catch a bus from the airport to the Plaza (around a block away) with only two stops for around 5 or 6 euros each. Do keep an eye on your luggage, though, while on the bus. They have a sister hotel further away(a few blocks but walk able) that is nicer but costs a little more.

We have stayed at the H10 hotels, the last being H10 Montcada. This hotel is adjacent to the Gothic quarter and central to Las Ramblas and heaps of eateries. Also not a long walk to the dockside areas and a HOHO bus stop about 50 metres up the street. We also had breakfast included, oh and I nearly forgot, they have a great rooftop bar with great views over the city.

Hotel Espana, nice boutique hotel just off Las Ramblas next to the Opera House, quiet, good bar, dining and rooftop pool and bar open depending on time of year. Room was on the small side but we didn't really care because we just basically used it to sleep and shower and then we were off again on another adventure around the city and area touring.