Community Contest - April 10 - Do you Meet & Mingle?

Community Contests

Weekly Contest

Have fun with weekly contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:13 PM.
Chilliwack BC
696 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by livetothefullest55
I love meeting new people at dinner and on excursions. I always meet awesome people! I have never been to a meet and mingle. This July on Oasis will be my first. I'm new to cc and feel I would enjoy this. We met our 25 minimum, but I have no idea what the next step is. Someone posted we needed a host. I would like to be involved, but have no idea where too start with organization.
--------------------------------------------------------------

You volunteer on your roll call. Make a list of CC member names and post it for the group. You can do a cabin-crawl by asking members to volunteer their cabin to show (keep track of which cabins and then pick one from each category), making a map of cabin-route and decide when this would be best to do (usually after M&G). You can ask members who wants to join a slot pull tournament. Post that list and when it will happen (contact RC ship representative to establish this). I have purchased little gifts for a group of over 60 ppl on a Hawaii trip (lanyards & magnets with the ship/sail date/destination) Our group actually gave ourselves a name....pineapple express.
I have been to, and organized, many M&G, ranging between 35-120 ppl. I have made a few friends that keep in touch (I'm in Canada...their in San Diego, Philadelphia, Milan, New Zealand) And, I've also run into a few cruisers from past cruises that were on a future cruise....some from M& G, some from CC, some just from the sailing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"carry me on the waves to the lands I've never been,"
"carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen."
"sail away, sail away, sail away "

-----------------------------------------------
Pacific Princess Pacific Coastal Sept '01 "family teaser cruise"

Radiance OTS Panama Canal Apr '06 "25th anniversary"

Volendam Alaska Sept '06 "dad's surprise"

Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Apr '07 "fun in the sun"

Brilliance Of OTS Partial Panama Mar '08 "here we go again"

Vision OTS Mexico Dec '08 "family affair, joining sis on her redneck honeymoon"

Radiance OTS Alaska May '14 "R&R with hubby"

Grand Princess Hawaii Oct '14 "Aloha Sea Days Rejoice"

Liberty OTS Bermuda May '15 "NY NY 1st-timers"

Explorer OTS Coastal Sept '16"cruise withdrawl, must book this"

Oasis OTS Eastern/Western Caribbean B2B April '17"Bro's join us for their 1st Real Cruise"

Explorer OTS 4-day BC Getaway May '17 "R&R after family cruise"
5 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Found cruise critic earlier this year although I have been cruising for decades. Did my first meet and mingle on a ship last week. Lots of fun but wish more people would come...it was a great way to break the ice and have some beach friends
73 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Going on another cruise this December and am organizing the meet and greet. Truly looking forward to meeting everyone and participating in the slot pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums