Question

Sky Sweet

A few people have posted that HAL's ships have a tendency to be understaffed. At the same time, others are complaining about Celebrity's prices and are talking about switching to to HAL save money. With this in mind, would you still continue to sail Celebrity if they decided to cut their costs by having a less favorable crew to passenger ratio in exchange for lower cruise prices?

I would continue to sail Celebrity ships unless a reduction in crew to passenger ratio directly impacted my cruise, ie longer waits in line at buffets or waiting for service for dinner or having problems with stewards getting cabins clean on a timely basis. I cannot imagine any of these things happening though.

Terri

Let's keep this simple, Celebrity is the best mass market cruising experience, regardless of price, in the industry. If they downgrade their service just to lower price, I might as well sail on any other cruise line. Exceptional service and above average food is what sets Celebrity apart from all the rest.

Let's keep this simple, Celebrity is the best mass market cruising experience, regardless of price, in the industry. If they downgrade their service just to lower price, I might as well sail on any other cruise line. Exceptional service and above average food is what sets Celebrity apart from all the rest.

Kitty, I agree with you :)

We sail both HAL and Celebrity regularly although Celebrity remains our favorite. We really like the "S" suites on HAL and find that Celebrity doesn't haven't anything that equals it. But.... having said that.... I'll take a Celebrity RS (and maybe even a SS) anytime over HAL for the service provided.

Archived