Best transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Port please

PromoLaine

Heading out on the Equinox on December 30 and flying into Fort Lauderdale. Any ideas on transportation to the port of Miami? We arrive at around 8:30 in the morning so have plenty of time. Looking for an idea on cost as well. Also - once we return we need to rent a car to make the drive back to Jacksonville. Flights that day are limited and we need to be back to Jacksonville for an event that Saturday. What car rental agencies are available in the Port itself. Thanks so much for your feedback my friends!

Regards,

Elaine

Heading out on the Equinox on December 30 and flying into Fort Lauderdale. Any ideas on transportation to the port of Miami? We arrive at around 8:30 in the morning so have plenty of time. Looking for an idea on cost as well. Also - once we return we need to rent a car to make the drive back to Jacksonville. Flights that day are limited and we need to be back to Jacksonville for an event that Saturday. What car rental agencies are available in the Port itself. Thanks so much for your feedback my friends!

Regards,

Elaine

SAS Transportation. 15.00 per person. Very reliable. Using them in April from Ft Lauderdale to Port of Miami.

We use Budget when we disembark. There is an area where all of the car rental agencies have vans to take you to their bases for car pick up. There are always a lot of people waiting and some are pushy. If you have a prebooked car they have your name so you get priority .Wave that paper when your agencies van arrives!! It is not a quick process as there will be a line of people for cars when you get there as well.

We use Budget when we disembark. There is an area where all of the car rental agencies have vans to take you to their bases for car pick up. There are always a lot of people waiting and some are pushy. If you have a prebooked car they have your name so you get priority .Wave that paper when your agencies van arrives!! It is not a quick process as there will be a line of people for cars when you get there as well.

I have used Budget a few time and office is a 10 min. shuttle ride from the port. The last time there was a long line waiting to get cars. Try Avis. Small waiting line the last time we were there. Same bus from the port and same lot and same pricing. A block from 95 N. ramp.

We've used Go Airport Shuttle and been very satisfied. Last time there were 4 of us so we had a private car and it cost about $100 for all of us. This time we have a shared ride picking us up at FLL and taking us to a hotel that provides pier transport and it's $52.50 for the two of us.

As for car rental on return I would do all my research on line NOW, select the company and book my car .... this will eliminate a long line unless you have Hertz Gold and then your car will be waiting with your name and parking space on the big board where the bus leaves you off. I wouldn't wait until you arrive since the reason you're not flying is to ensure you make an event. If the car is rented NOW, it will be waiting for you and as previous poster said you'll get picked up first when you wave your voucher.

SAS Transportation. 15.00 per person. Very reliable. Using them in April from Ft Lauderdale to Port of Miami.

Second that. Have used them, on time reliable and cost effective. You may have to wait for them to gather up a full van before heading out You'll be there in 25-30 minutes.

You can also try Jiffy Jeff .

Enjoy your cruising days.

If you want a shared ride, highly recommend SAS transportation. $15 one way. If you want private transportation, Larry's Limo service is very reasonably priced with great reviews on TA and CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Uber is about $35 (for Uber X). You can get the car/driver when you please, have him/her pick you up where you please, and they will take you directly to the correct pier without stopping at any other hotel (to pick up others) or at other piers (to drop others). We have previously also used SAS and they were friendly and good. However, we had to make 2 stops (at other hotels) and we were the third ship to be visited once in the Port. The 45 min drive took us nearly 1 1/2 hours with those extra stops.

So, if using a transfer service you might want to call and ask if this is going to be an issue. It turned us off to the group transfer services.

Hank

We used SAS both ways in October and had no complaints. One thing I never thought about until we were in Monday morning traffic is that SAS pays the extra fees to use the express lane so we were able to get there much faster than if we had used Uber who may not pay the higher fee.

We used SAS both ways in October and had no complaints. One thing I never thought about until we were in Monday morning traffic is that SAS pays the extra fees to use the express lane so we were able to get there much faster than if we had used Uber who may not pay the higher fee.

Good point. We were quoted 25 minutes to the port. We have a 9:30 am pick up at our hotel. Quick drive and were on the Eclispe in no time.

Easy peasy.

I concur and I know you were on the 9:30AM shuttle from FLL to MIA and I was on the 11:30AM shuttle. Same thing happened. We were doing +50MPH while the other lane was at a crawl. There must be a high occupancy requirement and/or significant cost for the lanes we were in.

Question: is Express lane different from the HOV lane? Our driver also used the Express Lane but we had 4 people in the car so I assumed it was the same as our HOV, where there must be minimum of 2 people in the vehicle...

When I look up SAS Transportation online their website says they don't service Miami only Ft. Lauderdale. We need to arrange multi point transfers, FLL to South Beach hotel for 1 night, from South Beach hotel to Miami port and then from Miami port to FLL. We've considered Uber but open to other options. We had a great experience last time with a company several years ago, but I can't recall the name and also there were 4 of us, so I'm not sure if it would be beneficial. Advice??

Question: is Express lane different from the HOV lane? Our driver also used the Express Lane but we had 4 people in the car so I assumed it was the same as our HOV, where there must be minimum of 2 people in the vehicle...

I thought the driver only needed to pay a higher fee but I could be wrong. There are flexiblle lane dividers to seperate the two areas which could be driven over but if caught, the driver is fined for every one he runs over. Seeing the traffic backed up in the regular lanes was enough for me to make sure we avoid it in the future.