Magic problems

We are currently on the Magic 6/23 sailing on a deck 11 spa balcony. The AC is working as well as it has on the other ships we have been on. The "hot" tubs are woking and so is the T pool and saunas. The internet is complete crap even on the most expensive plan and I am going to ask for a refund. Hope this calms some fears.

-Mallow

I am feeling better and better by the minute about my upcoming cruise. Thanks for taking time from your vacation to report back. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are currently on the Magic 6/23 sailing on a deck 11 spa balcony. The AC is working as well as it has on the other ships we have been on. The "hot" tubs are woking and so is the T pool and saunas. The internet is complete crap even on the most expensive plan and I am going to ask for a refund. Hope this calms some fears.

-Mallow

Thank you so much for the update!

We were on the July 16th sailing in a cabin on deck 8 and were not aware of an air issue in the cabin. Deck 10 seemed stuffy in the hallway leading to the lido poo but the lido food/seating area seemed finel. The elevators were also very stuffy on the last sea day but I don't know what "normal" is.

-Mallow

Did they tell you why internet was barely working?

did they t

-Mallow

Thank you for taking time out of your cruise to give us a status report. I feel loads better now!

Did they tell you why internet was barely working?

Unfortunately, the internet is well known to be hit or miss across the entire fleet.

I’m sure it has to do with the issues on the propulsion system ;);):D

You beat me to it. I'm sure a quick Google search will show how the satellite uplink is connected to the propulsion motors just like the air conditioning and hot tubs.

-Mallow

Thanks for taking the time for the update! On the 7/7 cruise for our honeymoon and a little worried about the news. Though, I'll be ready for the vacation, whatever changes are made!!!!

As long as it's just the internet that stays crappy, I'm good with it. I unplug, but I'm glad you don't! :D

Just looked at Marine Tracker and the magic hasn't even passed Nassau yet, enroute to San Juan. I would have thought they would easily have passed there by now, even with propulsion issues. Chart said 17knts.

Just looked at Marine Tracker and the magic hasn't even passed Nassau yet, enroute to San Juan. I would have thought they would easily have passed there by now, even with propulsion issues. Chart said 17knts.

That information is from 25 hours ago. If the color is a faded blue, it is old information. The Magic information is only updated once or twice a day on Marine Tracker.

Thanks for taking the time for the update! On the 7/7 cruise for our honeymoon and a little worried about the news. Though, I'll be ready for the vacation, whatever changes are made!!!!

As long as it's just the internet that stays crappy, I'm good with it. I unplug, but I'm glad you don't! :D

Crappy internet is in the eyes of the beholder. If you compare it to what we get at home it is always crappy.

These days a lot better than what it was say a few years ago.

I’m on the Magic now and news is we will arrive at about 6:30am.

We are definitely not going very fast (no way we’re even close to 15 knots).

Definitely something wrong with the ship and have no idea when they’ll fix it. Heard from many passengers that they’re A/C is not working and not enough fans to go around. We have A/C and it’s comfortable but not crazy cold.

Hot tubs seemed to work on and off as I’m sure they were conserving energy.

General consensus is $50 OBC not enough to compensate for the premier port stop being cancelled but not much you can do.

Will do brief cruise review next week.

We were on the June 9th sailing and exact same issues. While we had a great cruise and enjoyed the ports, food and entertainment, we did struggle every night with sleeping since the cabin was so warm. I’d be curious how many people would wait for their cruise if they knew the AC wasn’t going to work very well. I probably would have sailed anyway.

Trying not to worry as there is nothing we can do about our cruise this weekend...6/30 sailing. However, am praying Roatan doesn't get dropped! We are so looking forward to a visit to Little French Key!

And, now I'm wondering if I should be packing a little fan??!??

Trying not to worry as there is nothing we can do about our cruise this weekend...6/30 sailing. However, am praying Roatan doesn't get dropped! We are so looking forward to a visit to Little French Key!

And, now I'm wondering if I should be packing a little fan??!??

We are on the 6/30 cruise as well.

With the Magic mustering just 75% cruising speed, I am mentally prepared for Roatan to be dropped, and while we will be

extremely disappointed, we will not let it ruin our cruise.

I just texted DW to remind me to pack a fan, just in case our cabin has AC issues.

Hoping other issues don't crop up.

4 days til cruising!! :)

So is it just a precautionary measure that sailings on the Magic are not available to purchase online until the July 21st Western Caribbean route is available while cruises on other Carnival ships are there for the taking in early July?

I did not call, don't think they would have any information to give.

So is it just a precautionary measure that sailings on the Magic are not available to purchase online until the July 21st Western Caribbean route is available while cruises on other Carnival ships are there for the taking in early July?

Could be they are sold out thru July 21.

It wouldn't surprise me if the sailings are sold out. It looks like the 7/28 sailing is almost sold out (only showing suites available) and there are very few cabins left for 7/21.

We were on the June 16th sailing! We were in room 8383 and the A/C worked just fine. It was also working very well in the MDR and Punchliner Comedy club because I had to wear a sweater. It seems like it was just the top floors experiencing issues.

The internet was the worse I have ever experienced. I wouldn't suggest paying for the plan.

Edited by Kawana

We were on the July 16th sailing! We were in room 8383 and the A/C worked just fine. It was also working very well in the MDR and Punchliner Comedy club because I had to wear a sweater. It seems like it was just the top floors experiencing issues.

The internet was the worse I have ever experienced. I wouldn't suggest paying for the plan.

Thanks Kawana!