M, G and L remembering Panama

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:51 PM.
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
No............must be you, Lori Watching Talia and Jeremy agin today while Jon and Lesley go to the Cubs game. No chance of being rained out................80 and sunny
McKinney, Texas
5,217 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
No trouble for me either.......peace and quiet here......they got in the van to leave yesterday morning at 10:00 and could not get it to start would they be staying longer.......whew just needed a battery and Rich drove Darrell to the store to buy one.....got on the road and the drive went without any problems.....after 16 days you know we needed to clean......today is wonderful! Love to see them come and love to see them leave
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
I understand where you're coming from, Gail!! I had the privilege of watching the kids yesterday................over 7 hours. It's exhausting. I'm goint to relax today and clean the garage
McKinney, Texas
5,217 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Cleaning the garage is relaxing after watching the kids Dallas made it to 40 consecutive days 100 or over so we did not break the 42 day record set in 1980....that being said by Sunday will are to be back to 103 degrees. I'm off to shop and tonight is stand up at #3 son's.
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
I worked up a big sweat cleaning the garage yesterday, but it feels good to throw out "stuff" and put everything else in order. More rain on the way for us......rarely this lush in August......................enjoy the week-end
McKinney, Texas
5,217 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
We woke up to rain this morning....not much, but the cloudy skies have kept the temperature down. I started a packing list this afternoon and went through some things that I keep stashed away just for cruising.....I am more than ready. Dillon and Dalton sent us handmade thank you cards today. They were so cute. One of Dillon's comments was "Love you guys"
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Rain in Texas...................I wonder if they got any in Austin?? We had a downpour yesterday afternoon which really dropped our temps and made for a comfortable evening.

Beautiful and sunny this morning..................the neighborhood kids start back to school on Tuesday. Summer has sure flown by
McKinney, Texas
5,217 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Not sure about Austin, but it didn't make it to Comfort. Sunshine and heat again today, but not over 100. Our first grandchild went off to college today and is already settled in.
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Off to college!!!! Jeremy goes to kindergarten next year We spent a few hours at the arboretum yesterday...................first lunch and then a long walk......just a beautiful day.
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
So Gail, now that Perry has thrown his hat into the ring, tell me what you think. My BIL & SIL don't like him, and I sense you don't either.

Another drop dead gorgeous day in Naperville...................sure wish we had more days like this
McKinney, Texas
5,217 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by Mary Leslie
So Gail, now that Perry has thrown his hat into the ring, tell me what you think. My BIL & SIL don't like him, and I sense you don't either.

Another drop dead gorgeous day in Naperville...................sure wish we had more days like this
I have to agree with BIL & SIL.....a prayer meeting about the country.....give me a break he's a politician catering to the Bible belt.....secede and now he wants to run the country he wanted to leave????.......he takes credit for many things about Texas(jobs, housing) that he has had nothing to do with......he would not be my pick and I voted for both George's.
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
I thought that the prayer meeting was a bit over the top................just plain weird. I will definitely be following the campaign antics................on both sides of the aisle....very carefully.

It's quiet around here now that the kids are back in school..............Reilly doesn't have much to bark at
McKinney, Texas
5,217 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Arkansas grandson started school Monday and the rest of our gang start this coming Monday. It is time for us to put the earplugs in....going to Dave and Busters with 5 six year olds for John's B-day dinner tonight
13,247 Posts
Joined May 2005
Been crazy here...and I still had to sign in again

leaving for New York next week
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
I love Dave and Busters!!!................haven't been there since Dave turned 21 Steve's uncle died last nite leaving his dad as the only remaining sibling........they all have lived to a ripe old age.

Another nice day for us
McKinney, Texas
5,217 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by land lover
Been crazy here...and I still had to sign in again

leaving for New York next week
Congrats to # 1....you must be very proud! Good luck with housing for #2 that will be a challenge. Hopefully, you will also be able to enjoy the trip. What's #3 doing?
McKinney, Texas
5,217 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by Mary Leslie
I love Dave and Busters!!!................haven't been there since Dave turned 21 Steve's uncle died last nite leaving his dad as the only remaining sibling........they all have lived to a ripe old age.

Another nice day for us
Our sympathy to Steve....sounds like he might have some very good genes. Didn't make it to Dave and Busters, but we did go over for ice cream cake when they got home.
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
We're going to Fairbury tomorrow morning for the funeral.......just a simple service at the cemetary followed by lunch so we should be back home by mid afternoon.

We're getting ready for a garage sale over Labor Day week-end...............so much stuff