Questions Re: Diamond Internet Perk

mlbcruiser

We have not cruised with Royal Caribbean in three years. Back then a Diamond member’s Internet perk was different than it is now. My question is, the 24 hours that I choose to use my Diamond level internet perk– does that mean I get free Wi-Fi on my cell phone or my iPad too during those hours? Or does it simply mean I can go to the computer lounge and use the ship’s computers there?

Thsnks for any info!

We have not cruised with Royal Caribbean in three years. Back then a Diamond member’s Internet perk was different than it is now. My question is, the 24 hours that I choose to use my Diamond level internet perk– does that mean I get free Wi-Fi on my cell phone or my iPad too during those hours? Or does it simply mean I can go to the computer lounge and use the ship’s computers there?

Thsnks for any info!

smart phone

tablet

laptop

desktop computer

any internet-linked device will work

Good news. Except for one thing that I realized hours ago. My email account used to work from anywhere in the world, any computer I was using. About three years ago I was unable to open my emails because my provider needed to make certain it was me. Therefore they wanted to text me a code that I was too use to sign in. I had to go to my cabin get my cell phone out and turn it on to receive a text with this code. This ended up costing me quite a bit. My provider’s fee for the ability to receive texts on the ship is $60. It Would be cheaper than that to use the phone in our cabin using the Diamond calling discount and just make a call.

Thanks for the info. I really do appreciate it and at least know I can hook into Wi-Fi to get online. Yes still won’t be able to access my email account. Maybe your explanations will be of Interest to anybody else who is wondering how this perk works.

This is what I should have clarified before I left last week.

It sounds rather silly to ask this now but in the past we have used Diamond Internet benefits only using their PC by sliding our seapass card in the attached reader. We usually use my first 24 hours the second day of the cruise by both of us. Then use my spouse's 24 hours on the last day to check the email and print the boarding passes.

Now how does the wifi access work? Do I have to get an access code or something? After I access using my iPhone then log off, can my husband access using his phone on the same day? And repeat the same on the last day to print the boarding passes (I know I know, I prefer to paper passes).

It was the short cruise (5-days) last week and never had time to go to the Internet Cafe so did not use the free internet perk this time.

This is what I should have clarified before I left last week.

It sounds rather silly to ask this now but in the past we have used Diamond Internet benefits only using their PC by sliding our seapass card in the attached reader. We usually use my first 24 hours the second day of the cruise by both of us. Then use my spouse's 24 hours on the last day to check the email and print the boarding passes.

Now how does the wifi access work? Do I have to get an access code or something? After I access using my iPhone then log off, can my husband access using his phone on the same day? And repeat the same on the last day to print the boarding passes (I know I know, I prefer to paper passes).

It was the short cruise (5-days) last week and never had time to go to the Internet Cafe so did not use the free internet perk this time.

No swiping of cards anymore, you use your folio number name and birth year to validate yourself, choose a VOOM plan, and then choose a username and password. If you purchase pre-cruise, you will get an access code with your Seapass card.

No swiping of cards anymore, you use your folio number name and birth year to validate yourself, choose a VOOM plan, and then choose a username and password. .

The last few cruises, it seems that the folio has been replaced with the cabin number during the sign up process.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last few cruises, it seems that the folio has been replaced with the cabin number during the sign up process.

Someone was saying that the folio number does not appear on the SeaPass card anymore. I wonder if that is only for the newer ships.

Ok..color me confused. You all reference Diamond Internet benefit so I went to the RCL website. Cannot find anything under Diamond benefit that references internet. both my Hubble and I are Diamond. Any direction is appreciated.

The onboard coupons are not posted on Royal's website.

Luckily, Carol recently posted the Diamond couons:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55284893&postcount=6

The onboard coupons are not posted on Royal's website.

Luckily, Carol recently posted the Diamond couons:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55284893&postcount=6

Ahhhh...so it is a secret until you board and read the materials in your boarding packet or stateroom? ( this is our first cruise as Diamond). I was considering advance purchase but wil now wait until boarding? Thanks for your help and clarification.

Ahhhh...so it is a secret until you board and read the materials in your boarding packet or stateroom? ( this is our first cruise as Diamond). I was considering advance purchase but wil now wait until boarding? Thanks for your help and clarification.

Correct, there will be a letter in your stateroom with a list of your coupons. You can also get a list of coupons left on your account from any bartender.

This is the reason that you are here on Cruise Critic.

"Now you know."

more-you-know-100388625-orig.jpg

Thanks Bob,

The cost of children cruising is the same as adult. RCI should have give them some C&A perks. :confused:

They do give them some perks. They just aren't the same as the adult perks.

Sometimes a child's fare is the same as an adult's and sometimes it isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No swiping of cards anymore, you use your folio number name and birth year to validate yourself, choose a VOOM plan, and then choose a username and password. If you purchase pre-cruise, you will get an access code with your Seapass card.

Thank you Bob and others. I will try it next time.