menus

Sag13

The menu's on Costa are now down to two choices, apart from pasta. Very limited and usually the same if you are cruising B2B.

Although I can always find something to eat, not always nice .Just off Diadema eating in Club restaurant very poor choices & often spoilt by daft combinations. (Sea Bass stuffed with mashed potatoes & three other veg, which gave the wonderful Sea Bass a lovey taste of mash & nothing else.)

Ate in the Samsara twice, very nice first time but did struggle to choose next time, again really limited choices.

That said overall you can have a reasonable meal if you like pasta, which I don't.

Tenpin really had a bad time on the Diadema. We've been on her three times and it is unlikeley that we will go again.

I attached some menus on the Roll call:o.

The Italian menus seen to be similar irrespective of where you cruise. We rarely eat the pasta courses. The menus I attached are for the Club restaurant so I think the "any time" dishes might be different. I am pretty sure the main menus are identical in the MDR. Some of the dishes are a bit Meh, but some are actually pretty nice.

Hope it helps.

Alicat

Hi alicat,

Just off the Diadema our third time & believe or not, back on next month, (not by choice only ship available when we booked) Horrible experience the Club Diadema restaurant was hell, overcrowded, two sittings, queues to get in only to find no tables available, got put in Samsara once, night after we had been there. Tables being cleared as soon as you had finished desert. If we could have got a flight from Barcelona on Christmas eve would have left after our first week.

We booked a suite for the B2B as wanted exclusive dinning & to be able to enjoy our meals without any rush, no chance of that on this cruise.

Apologies to Sag hijacking this thread.

I hope this is a one off Tenpin. I must say we are not that keen on the Diadema. Loved the first time we went on her, second time OK and third time decided probably the last. I am surprised that it was overrun etc. The Christmas cruises are so expensive I would have thought it would be out of price range for a lot of people.

Hope your upcoming Diadema cruise is better.

Alicat

Hi

In the Club restaurant they come round with a cheese trolley that's why its not on the menu. The first couple of nights there was a lovely runny blue but thereafter quite bland cheeses. It varies hugely from ship to ship. Hubby is not a big pudding fan and prefers the cheese. He actually declined most evenings this time. They still serve a few bits and bobs with the cheese. In club there were nuts, dried fruit , chutney and such. Remember to keep some of the bread for your cheese. Much nicer than the feeble crackers they have.

Alicat