Splendor questions -

famof4togo

Hi there,

Sailing on the Splendor this March out of Long Beach - Mexican Riviera...does anyone know when the Spledor start the sailing for this itinerary? I am wanting to get copies of menu for the 7 day cruise (to best decide which evening to book the steakhouse and figure out what nights are formal nights etc)...also wanting to get copies of the Funtimes...

But I didn't know when the itinerary is going to change...does anyone know the date?

If already changed over (not sure) if anyone has the menu / funtimes to provide for the 7 night cruise it would be GREATLY appreciated...

THANKS in advance....

Hi there,

Sailing on the Splendor this March out of Long Beach - Mexican Riviera...does anyone know when the Spledor start the sailing for this itinerary? I am wanting to get copies of menu for the 7 day cruise (to best decide which evening to book the steakhouse and figure out what nights are formal nights etc)...also wanting to get copies of the Funtimes...

But I didn't know when the itinerary is going to change...does anyone know the date?

If already changed over (not sure) if anyone has the menu / funtimes to provide for the 7 night cruise it would be GREATLY appreciated...

THANKS in advance....

The Splendor is currently Sailing the Panama Canal. Her first Mexican Riviera is set for the 27th.

The Splendor will get to Long Beach on January 27th. I have plans to visit her as I live in Long Beach and will be in the Aquarium that day.

I haven't been on the Splendor since 2009 but will board on 4/28 for my Birthday trip :)

Maybe I'll see you on board. It's our anniversary trip. :hearteyes:

The Splendor alternates Mexican Riviera itineraries. Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo, or two days in Cabo and one in Puerto Vallarta, two in Puerto Vallarta, one in Cabo, Etc. If you have any hope of predicting sea days etc, make sure you are comparing like itineraries.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hi there,

THANKS in advance....

It does not matter where the sailing is going menus are same.

The Splendor will get to Long Beach on January 27th. I have plans to visit her as I live in Long Beach and will be in the Aquarium that day.

I haven't been on the Splendor since 2009 but will board on 4/28 for my Birthday trip :)

I plan on seeing her on the 27th too, taking my 2 year old daughter. My wife and I got engaged on the ship in August 2012, then sailed on her out of Miami in 2015 for our 2nd wedding anniversary where she was 10 weeks pregnant. We were lucky enough to book the same ocean suite we had in 2012. We are on the 4/21 sailing for our 5th wedding anniversary and taking the little one with us. Unfortunately for some reason the ocean suite weve had the last two times doesn't allow for 3 people in it, so we are booked in the ocean suite directly across on the other side of the ship. Needless to say we are glad she isn't going to the P&O Line in 2019.

I BEG of anyone going on the first sailings under the new itinerary to post menus, funtimes and Ocean club if able...I KNOW it would be greatly appreciated my many.....

PLEASE AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

I would appreciate it too! :) We are on the ship in March :D

I BEG of anyone going on the first sailings under the new itinerary to post menus, funtimes and Ocean club if able...I KNOW it would be greatly appreciated my many.....

PLEASE AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

menu is fleet wide it is what it is

funtimes-- those change a lot

so you can see one today and sail in two weeks and everything will be different

If you see one-- use it as a guideline do not make plans based on what you see

also goes for kids clubs activities

I had a grand daughter very upset as we had camp papers from a sailing 3 weeks before us and NOTHING was the same.

menu is fleet wide it is what it is

funtimes-- those change a lot

so you can see one today and sail in two weeks and everything will be different

If you see one-- use it as a guideline do not make plans based on what you see

also goes for kids clubs activities

I had a grand daughter very upset as we had camp papers from a sailing 3 weeks before us and NOTHING was the same.

Yep, all depends on the CD, ED and Head Camp Counselor.

Here’s a Miracle Mexican Riviera review with pictures. It’ll give you an idea about the MR cruises.

Carnival Miracle Review with pictures

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2414172

Not entirely true. There are special Ports of Call items on the Mexican Riviera menu that aren’t anywhere else.

Not entirely true. There are special Ports of Call items on the Mexican Riviera menu that aren’t anywhere else.

Also, although there may be similarity in the menus, their order changes depending on what days "Formal" nights occur. And the formal nights differ depending on the sailing. Splendor, as I have mentioned before, has alternating itineraries: Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo, or Cabo Cabo Puerto Vallarta, or Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta Cabo, etc. Formal nights also differ depending on the number of sea days at the beginning and the end. Sometimes there are two at the beginning, and sometimes two at the end. All of these factors make menu order difficult to predict.

Also, although there may be similarity in the menus, their order changes depending on what days "Formal" nights occur. And the formal nights differ depending on the sailing. Splendor, as I have mentioned before, has alternating itineraries: Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo, or Cabo Cabo Puerto Vallarta, or Puerto Vallarta Puerto Vallarta Cabo, etc. Formal nights also differ depending on the number of sea days at the beginning and the end. Sometimes there are two at the beginning, and sometimes two at the end. All of these factors make menu order difficult to predict.

Miracle has been on the same rotating itin as the Splendor will be doing. The formal nights and menus haven’t changed since the Mexican Riviera Journeys Cruise in Jan ‘15.

We're on Splendor on Feb. 10th. I always collect the Funtimes and take some photos of the MDR food. never took a pic of the menu but could. The only problem is that I don't know how to post the pictures on here. Our cruise is sea day, Cabo, Mazatian, Puerto Vallarta, 2 sea days. I always do a review but would love to know how to post pictures.

We're on Splendor on Feb. 10th. I always collect the Funtimes and take some photos of the MDR food. never took a pic of the menu but could. The only problem is that I don't know how to post the pictures on here. Our cruise is sea day, Cabo, Mazatian, Puerto Vallarta, 2 sea days. I always do a review but would love to know how to post pictures.

Paddy41

We are doing the same itinerary March 24 so I would really appreciate any info you share of your upcoming cruise, including copies of Funtimes etc. Also any info you get or observe on the embarkation and debarkation times and experience. Wondering if they will adhere to the selected check in times etc.

It has been awhile since I posted any pics but I believe these are still a couple of options that should work:

1)- Upload photos - Go to Flickr or another picture hosting site, Open your free account, Upload your photos by using the up arrow, click on your uploaded photo and click on the sideways arrow that will generate the HTML code for you to copy. Then go to cruise critic and paste that code into your post.

or

2) - On the CC Tapatalk App (uploaded to your phone or tablet), you should see a circlewith an arrow. Click it and you should see a set of icons. Click on themountain, and it should take you to your gallery. Select pic and post.

Well the good news is, is that the Splendor should have made it to Long Beach today to start its Mexico run. I am sure will be seeing updates/reviews very shortly.

Like! Even though I have cruised her twice before for Mexican Riviera and have taken many other similar cruises since then, I am excited to have Splendor back and to be able to sail her again!