[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:37 AM.
NE Ohio
4,103 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by CanadianBurger
Nope, they must be pre-made, as the flavors on the sign are the only ones available.

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums
They are pre-made. DH had one on our ta last fall. It had obviously been thawed and refrozen as it was encased in ice. I tried to talk him into returning it, but he wouldn’t do it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC

COMPLETED Sitmar 5 cruises 1974-79, *Royal Caribbean 6 cruises, *Home Lines 1 cruise, *Diamond Princess LA-Hawaii Jan., 2008, *Diamond Princess Alaska Southbound May, 2008, *Ruby Princess TA/Med. April, 2009, *Ruby TA Med, April, 2010, *Celebrity Eclipse TA Oct, 2010, *Emerald Princess TA September, 2012, *Grand Princess Hawaii April, 2013,*Emerald Princess January, 2014, *Ruby Princess January, 2014, *Ruby Princess March 15 & 20, 2014 B2B, *Ruby Princess September, 2014 TA, *August/Sept. 2015 27 days, British Isles & Transatlantic--our longest & best cruise so far! *May, 2016 Ruby Princess Alaska RT Seattle * Aug., 2016 Regal Princess 25 day Baltic/ Scandinavia/Transatlantic* March 13, 2017 LA Roundtrip to Hawaii Star Princess, Sept. 10, 2017 Caribbean Princess British Isles/TA b2b, March 4, 2018 Star Princess 15 days
So Cal
11 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Didn’t notice anything in terms of feeling, but the 10% loss in speed meant altered port times which were communicated by Princess in an email before sailing.

How far in advance did Princess communicate the altered port times? Did you have to make any changes to pre-booked excursions?
Toronto, Canada
853 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
Originally posted by mdj59
How far in advance did Princess communicate the altered port times? Did you have to make any changes to pre-booked excursions?

It was quite a few months ahead of time, while she was still in Europe.

We had Princess tours booked in the affected ports, and those times were eventually automatically altered. My private excursion in Grand Cayman wasn’t affected.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess December 2017 New Panama Canal - Click here for "Live From/Patters"
Emerald Princess May 2017 Northwest Coastal - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Ruby Princess May 2017 Northwest Coastal - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Majestic Princess April 2017 Rome-Barcelona - Click here for "Live From/Patters"
Regal Princess December 2016 Eastern Caribbean - Click here for "Live From/Patters"
Royal Princess BVE December 2016 Ft. Lauderdale - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Coral Princess BVE November 2016 Ft. Lauderdale - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Ruby Princess September 2016 Northwest Coastal - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Crown Princess September 2016 Northwest Coastal - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Crown Princess May 2016 Northwest Coastal - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Ruby Princess May 2016 Northwest Coastal - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Crown Princess Jan 2016 West Coast Getaway - Click here for "Live From/Patters"
Regal Princess Dec 2015 Eastern Caribbean
Ruby Princess Sept 2015 West Coast
Caribbean Princess Dec 2014 Eastern/Western Carib B2B
Crown Princess June 2014 Alaska Northbound
Carnival Liberty Thanksgiving 2008
Carnival Spirit 2007
Ecstasy 1996
Fantasy 1990 Maiden Voyage
Celebration 1989

Nebraska
1,903 Posts
Joined May 2011
I am looking through excursions for our Panama Canal trip and have a questions. Some suggests jeans if doing the rain forest ziplines etc. but the pictures I see, many people have shorts on. Would you suggest jeans for these excursions. I see you did the tram and zip line.
Thanks
Vicki
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
South Carolina
1,156 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
I asked when we came up. It’s $275/single or $540/couple for the entire cruise.

Our single afternoon reservation was $20pp.

So they are now taking reservations at the Sanctuary for only specific days on the first day? I recall you had to go up and check if room was available each day or buy the entire cruise. Clarification please. BTW very lovely and informative live. Thank you.
Toronto, Canada
853 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
Originally posted by sprint180
I am looking through excursions for our Panama Canal trip and have a questions. Some suggests jeans if doing the rain forest ziplines etc. but the pictures I see, many people have shorts on. Would you suggest jeans for these excursions. I see you did the tram and zip line.
Thanks
Vicki

I wore Eddie Bauer hiking pants, which are light, don’t absorb water, and have lots of pockets. Since chances are high it’s going to rain in the rainforest, I would stay away from jeans, which would stay wet if you got rained on. I only wore long pants to protect from mosquitoes, but surprisingly, there were very few, so I think shorts would also be fine.
I had a great time on the ziplines. There are 11 runs.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess December 2017 New Panama Canal - Click here for "Live From/Patters"
Majestic Princess April 2017 Rome-Barcelona - Click here for "Live From/Patters"
Regal Princess December 2016 Eastern Caribbean - Click here for "Live From/Patters"
Royal Princess BVE December 2016 Ft. Lauderdale - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Coral Princess BVE November 2016 Ft. Lauderdale - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Ruby Princess September 2016 Northwest Coastal - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Crown Princess September 2016 Northwest Coastal - Click here for "Live From/Patter"
Carnival Spirit 2007
Ecstasy 1996
Celebration 1989

Toronto, Canada
853 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
Originally posted by cindep
So they are now taking reservations at the Sanctuary for only specific days on the first day? I recall you had to go up and check if room was available each day or buy the entire cruise. Clarification please. BTW very lovely and informative live. Thank you.

The Sanctuary has a separate page showing all the loungers for each day of the cruise and one for the entire cruise. When someone buys a lounger, a highlighter is used to mark off that spot, and in the case of someone buying the whole cruise, that spot is marked off on every sheet. From what I could tell, any day was available. I told them what day I wanted, and they found the sheet for that day.

Hope that helped.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Spirit 2007
Ecstasy 1996
Celebration 1989

South Carolina
1,156 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
The Sanctuary has a separate page showing all the loungers for each day of the cruise and one for the entire cruise. When someone buys a lounger, a highlighter is used to mark off that spot, and in the case of someone buying the whole cruise, that spot is marked off on every sheet. From what I could tell, any day was available. I told them what day I wanted, and they found the sheet for that day.

Hope that helped.

Thank you for your quick reply. We are Elite, so will make a bee line when we board. We booked a window suite, so a designated outside space would be nice.
Southern Maryland USA
1,161 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Thank you so much for the time and effort (and internet minutes) you spent to enrich our PANCAN cruise in FEB. Apple should offer you a "reward" for advertising the phone's amazing abilities in the hands of a capable photographer.

Our last PANCAN was on the Coral, which had a forward deck accessed from a cabin passageway (maybe deck 9?) Does CB have the same "hidden" deck? And if yes, is it still free to use during the canal transit?

And a second question...do you know if the spa is still offering the increasing discount if you book multiple spa treatments?

tracey
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
muse_clio
~~~~~ Click here to email me ~~~~~
Royal Princess Holiday Cruise 12/16~~ Coral Princess PanCan 2/16~~ Caribbean Princess W. Carib. 11/15~~ Coral Princess Panama Canal 11/12~~ Celebrity Equinox Caribbean 11/10 ~~ Sapphire Princess Southbound AK 5/09 ~~ CruiseCritic Duck Herder: NCL Jade TA 2/08 ~~ CruiseCritic Group Leader: Grand Princess W. Carib 11/07~~ CruiseCritic Group Leader: Grand Princess Mediterrean 5/06
Toronto, Canada
853 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
Originally posted by muse_clio
Thank you so much for the time and effort (and internet minutes) you spent to enrich our PANCAN cruise in FEB. Apple should offer you a "reward" for advertising the phone's amazing abilities in the hands of a capable photographer.

Our last PANCAN was on the Coral, which had a forward deck accessed from a cabin passageway (maybe deck 9?) Does CB have the same "hidden" deck? And if yes, is it still free to use during the canal transit?

And a second question...do you know if the spa is still offering the increasing discount if you book multiple spa treatments?

tracey

Thanks Tracey!

There are two forward facing deck spaces (there’s no charge anywhere on the ship for viewing): Lido deck (go all the way forward then keep going through two doors. You’ll end up above the bridge. The nice part about being up here is that over the bridge wings you can see forward and aft. The other is deck 8 forward around the bow. You can walk along Promenade outside forward then up the stairs, or out the door from deck 8 forward. Aft views are from Lido or Promenade.

This shot is from the ship’s photographers. As you can see, it gets busy, so stake out your spot early.

Sorry, I have no idea about spa pricing.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Spirit 2007
Ecstasy 1996
Celebration 1989

86 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Originally posted by cindep
Thank you for your quick reply. We are Elite, so will make a bee line when we board. We booked a window suite, so a designated outside space would be nice.
Loved reading your blog, especially from the cold, rainy UK. We will be taking our second cruise in March and would like to experience the Sanctuary, maybe for an afternoon. However, can we only book if we had Elite status?
Many thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Toronto, Canada
853 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
Originally posted by coops14
Loved reading your blog, especially from the cold, rainy UK. We will be taking our second cruise in March and would like to experience the Sanctuary, maybe for an afternoon. However, can we only book if we had Elite status?

Many thanks

Not at all, anyone can book it. I meant that as Elites we boarded first, so we made it to the Sanctuary before everyone else. The earlier you go, the bigger the choice of loungers. Sea days especially can get full.

Enjoy!
Steve.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Spirit 2007
Ecstasy 1996
Celebration 1989

Toronto, Canada
853 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
Originally posted by mdj59
Thanks for a remarkable review. Our cruise is now less than a year away. Your photos of your canal excursion were great, but could you please provide your overall impressions of the excursion? Good/bad? Any problems or not? Worth the long day?

Again, thanks for a great review. Happy New Year!

Mike & Cindy

Hi Mike and Cindy. Sorry, just realized I missed your question. I really enjoyed the canal excursion. Experiencing the old locks from a small boat, close enough to touch the sides of the locks, was a wonderful complementary experience to the new locks on the CB, as well as going all the way to the Pacific. Worth the long day. You also get to drive across the new locks rolling gate on the bus, which was cool.
We sat at the very back of the boat on the first level (in the shade). The only issue was that it’s very loud with the engines there, and it was hard to hear the guide, but the unimpeded aft views were worth it. I turned my chair around so I was facing aft. When you’re in the locks you can wander to the side of the boat to touch the walls.

Steve.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Spirit 2007
Ecstasy 1996
Celebration 1989

86 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
[quote=CanadianBurger;55054046]Not at all, anyone can book it. I meant that as Elites we boarded first, so we made it to the Sanctuary before everyone else. The earlier you go, the bigger the choice of loungers. Sea days especially can get full.

Enjoy!
Steve.

Thanks Steve. We are being met at Miami Airport, the day before our cruise and staying in a hotel overnight, then being taken to the port the next day. This has all been arranged by Princess Cruises, not sure if we have made the right choice, the last time we arranged everything ourselves. So, not sure what time we will arrive at the Port.
So, once on board, should I go to the Sanctuary or visit our cabin first? It would be lovely to experience the Sanctuary.

Many thanks
Linda
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Toronto, Canada
853 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
[quote=coops14;55055159]
So, once on board, should I go to the Sanctuary or visit our cabin first? It would be lovely to experience the Sanctuary.

Many thanks

Linda

I would go straight up, then after it’s booked head to your cabin.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Spirit 2007
Ecstasy 1996
Celebration 1989

Philadelphia
936 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Hello, I enjoyed your review very much!

My question is regarding your cabin TV.

We were on the Regal 《first time on Princess) and loved the selection of tv shows, movies, etc. All for free.

Do the Caribbean Princess have this? What size is the TV? Is it a flat screen?

We spend a lot of time in our cabin, and we were wowed with the Regal TV size and free entertainment!

Thanks in advance.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marie,
RCCL, Sovereign of the Seas, Nov. 2002 - 4 day Bahamas
RCCL, Majesty of the Seas, Aug. 2003 - 4 day Bahamas
Carnival Imagination, Apr. 2004 - 4 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Explorer of the Seas, June 2005 - 7 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Majesty of the Seas, Sep. 2005 - 4 day Bahamas
Carnival Spirit, Feb. 2006 - 8 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Liberty, Feb. 2007 - 8 day Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Jewel, Feb. 2008 - 7 day Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Imagination, Sep. 2009 - 4 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Spirit, Feb. 2010 - 8 day Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory, Nov. 2010 - 7 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor, May 2011 - 7 day Western Caribbean
RCCL, Navigator of the Seas, Oct. 2011 - 7 day Eastern Mediterranean
Carnival Liberty, Mar. 2012 - 7 day Western Caribbean
Norwegian Epic, Oct. 2012 - 7 day Western Mediterranean
Carnival Imagination, Dec. 2012 - 4 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory, Apr. 2013 - 7 day Western Caribbean
MSC Poesia, Oct. 2013 - 8 day Eastern Mediterranean
Carnival Breeze, June 2014 - 6 day Western Caribbean

Carnival Victory, Oct. 2014 - 5 day Western Caribbean
Carnival Breeze, Dec. 2014 - 8 day Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Liberty, June 2015 - 7 day Southern Caribbean
RCCL, Explorer of the Seas, Oct. 2015 - 7 day Iberian Mediterranean
Norwegian Escape, May, 2016 - 7 day Eastern Caribbean
Regal Princess, Dec, 2016 - 7 day Eastern Caribbean
Paul Gauguin, Feb, 2017 - 7 day French Polynesia
RCCL, Allure of the Seas, May, 2017 - 7 day Eastern Caribbean
RCCL, Oasis of the Seas, Nov. 2017 - 7 day Western Caribbean
Caribbean Princess, May, 2018 = 7 day Eastern Caribbean

Florida
743 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by Cruzinbabe06
Hello, I enjoyed your review very much!

My question is regarding your cabin TV.

We were on the Regal 《first time on Princess) and loved the selection of tv shows, movies, etc. All for free.

Do the Caribbean Princess have this? What size is the TV? Is it a flat screen?

We spend a lot of time in our cabin, and we were wowed with the Regal TV size and free entertainment!

Thanks in advance.

I can answer that for you because when the OP was on board they had old TVs. Less than 2 weeks ago during the 1/13 cruise new 43" TVs were installed and the other day they activated the on-demand movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Georgia, USA
431 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by Crzn-Life
I can answer that for you because when the OP was on board they had old TVs. Less than 2 weeks ago during the 1/13 cruise new 43" TVs were installed and the other day they activated the on-demand movies.
Do you know if they added 2, 43 in tv's in the mini suites?
Did they hang them in the wall?

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pam ¸.´ (¸.´ .´ ¸¸.¨¯`•.

Royal Princess 4/18, Caribbean Princess 2/18, Royal Princess 3/17, Royal Princess 3/16, NCL Pride of America 3/15,Allure RC 2/15, Oasis RC 3/14, Caribbean Princess 8/13, Caribbean Princess 2/13, Ruby Princess 2/12, Carnival Valor 3/11, Caribbean Princess 3/10, Coral Princess 7/09, Caribbean Princess 3/08, Carnival Liberty 3/07,SOS RC 12/06,Carnival Liberty 3/06, Carnival Miracle 4/05, Carnival Glory 4/04

Save

Save
Florida
743 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by pshaze
Do you know if they added 2, 43 in tv's in the mini suites?

Did they hang them in the wall?

Yes the minis got two. No they are not on the wall. They are where the old smaller ones were. Not a great fit but it works.