Gratuities

Cruzinram

I can remember quite a few years ago when HAL offered free gratuities on one of the World cruises.

Other than that one time offer -- I have never seen free gratuities for any cruises.

I am sure I read somewhere that the cost of the current one includes the HSC,

I notice and princess is offering "free" gratuities on some cruises. They hiked up the price of a cruise I was looking at by about $400 to cover the "feee" grats. It was a short cruise. Nothing is free.

A couple of months ago I was looking at a couple of Princess cruises -- didn't sign.

Then about 3 weeks ago, I started to get an e-mail every day from -- a few times -- 2 a day.

One of the cruises I was looking at offered free gratuities but I also noticed that the price of the cabin we were interested in had gone up about $600.

I can remember quite a few years ago when HAL offered free gratuities on one of the World cruises.

Other than that one time offer -- I have never seen free gratuities for any cruises.

we recently retuened in December from a Spain, Portugal, Canary island cruise on the Rotterdam... I saw a one week promotion on HAL site for pre-paid gratuities - and my cruise qualified.

I took a screenshot of the promo and terms, which was date stamped, and forwarded to my TA. Was able to add it onto my booking!

It was the firast time I had seen any paid gratuities offered - I have seen OBC, I have seen the "shore excursion" OBC, but never specifically pre paid gratuities.

In fact, once on board, they had a difficult time deciding how they wanted to record this on our onboard statement...Some days it appeared, then was credited each day - another day, everything was removed, credits and debits. I gather the promo for gratuitieswas fairly new (I did happen to get this added AFTER final payment!) It was very strange, but it all worked out in the end.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

On our 68 day cruise in Jan 2013 we received, $600 in OBC from HAL, Pre-paid Gratuities ($1564), 2 Pc luggage delivery to & from the ship, 2 comp shore events, discount on our insurance, Porters tips in ports, Carnival stock OBC ...Most of the discounts were given if we paid in full by May 31 the year prior.. I figured it out to be a 12 & 3/4 savings on our cruise.. The savings was both from both HAL & the Travel Agent...It was worth it to us to pay in full over 6 months prior to departure..

We however, did end up giving approx. $600 extra in tips ..I'm sure there were others who gave much more in extra tips than we did..

Edited by serendipity1499

If you use a TA to book you should get more than enough OBC to cover gratitudes.

You have to be kidding, we used a TA got $200 OBC and our gratuities are $600..........we are of course in Australia, so we never get the deals you guys get on the other side of the equator......then adjust for our exchange rate and our tipping is through the roof !!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to be kidding' date=' we used a TA got $200 OBC and our gratuities are $600..........we are of course in Australia, so we never get the deals you guys get on the other side of the equator......then adjust for our exchange rate and our tipping is through the roof !!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

I feel your pain!! $50 OBC for a 42 day cruise!! :eek: We can only dream of the perks our US friends get!

Regards

Jan

We have $1000 OBC on our next cruise. This is from the Anniversary Sale in the first half of 2015.

We also have a couple of special restaurant vouchers, a $100 drink card, $100 internet.

Picking up specials like this is the only way Aussies can get any OBC for HAL.

We have $1000 OBC on our next cruise. This is from the Anniversary Sale in the first half of 2015.

We also have a couple of special restaurant vouchers, a $100 drink card, $100 internet.

Picking up specials like this is the only way Aussies can get any OBC for HAL.

Wow, lucky you!! I am doing 2 x 21 day B2Bs. My "bonus" offers for each were $25 OBC, 1 bottle Navigator wine, 1 Bon Voyage Sparkling Wine and 1 Pinnacle lunch! Seeing as I am a solo traveller, not even sure if I will bother with the lunches!! I'm very jealous!! :D

Wow, lucky you!! I am doing 2 x 21 day B2Bs. My "bonus" offers for each were $25 OBC, 1 bottle Navigator wine, 1 Bon Voyage Sparkling Wine and 1 Pinnacle lunch! Seeing as I am a solo traveller, not even sure if I will bother with the lunches!! I'm very jealous!! :D

Nanna, I would love to be doing the two cruises that you are doing. I am very jealous.

We are off to NZ in March.

That sounds great, we are doing a 24 night Med cruise in May on the Eurodam it should be a terrific cruise (small amt of OBC or not)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk