Crown Princess Pop Choir December 29, 2017

TravelSteveR

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from a cruise and this was listed in the day time events, but I never understood what it was. What was it? Was it open to passengers to join in? I'm going on another cruise in 18 months, and this time would like to be more prepared.

I love participating in pop choirs on board cruise ships. It seems they work for cruises with a lot of sea days. Yes, anyone can participate. I have done this on Princess as well as Royal Caribbean. There are practices and a public show of some kind. We sing well known Broadway tunes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did anyone record our performance? I know one of our choir members said her husband was going to, and I would like to see/hear it. Thanks!

Steve

The ship's video unit sometimes record the pop choir performance and include it on the 'Reflections Cruise Video' which you can purchase, at a price of course.

I like to join the Princess Pop choir, but for some years the songs never changed.:cool: Generally choir practice on sea days and a performance either in the atrium or Princess Theatre, towards the end of the cruise. All great fun.

The ship's video unit sometimes record the pop choir performance and include it on the 'Reflections Cruise Video' which you can purchase, at a price of course.

I like to join the Princess Pop choir, but for some years the songs never changed.:cool: Generally choir practice on sea days and a performance either in the atrium or Princess Theatre, towards the end of the cruise. All great fun.

After our most recent cruise we were at a football game for our grandson's high school team. The band started to play Sweet Caroline and my wife and I both cringed and groaned out loud. If I never hear that song again it will be fine with me. Even the entertainers on the ship made comments about hearing it so many times. It's cool that folks get together and sing - singing is one of the most fun things one can do - but I really wish Princess would get new songs for the Pop Choir.

After our most recent cruise we were at a football game for our grandson's high school team. The band started to play Sweet Caroline and my wife and I both cringed and groaned out loud. If I never hear that song again it will be fine with me. Even the entertainers on the ship made comments about hearing it so many times. It's cool that folks get together and sing - singing is one of the most fun things one can do - but I really wish Princess would get new songs for the Pop Choir.

Thanks for the update, oh dear, Sweet Caroline, still on the list? I must have sung it a 100 times on the ships.:o Time for a new song list Princess. I suppose the Abba songs are still on there, like Waterloo. :evilsmile:

I recently participated on the Grand. The songs were:

• Waterloo
  • Blue Bayou
  • It's Not Unusual
  • Oh What A Night (Frankie Valli)
  • Sweet Caroline
  • We Are The Champions

I think that was everything.

Nothing has changed then, those songs have been the Princess Pop Choir show for years.:evilsmile:

Stevie Wonder's 'Is'nt She Lovely' was also on the list a lot, nice song though.

• 1 month later...

Hope we have a Pop Choir on the Crown's TA next week! Hubby and I both love singing in them, but getting really tired of those same numbers. On the Sea Princess starting in Sydney several years ago the great director had DIFFERENT songs and that was even more fun!