Discovery 2 Cuban Fusion

No we haven't and if this is a change we will be extremely angry as we will also be doing the 18 day TA which follows and includes a day stop in Havana but we booked Cuban Fusion the week before because we wanted the overnight in Havana so we could enjoy the bars and music

Slightly concerned that the subject of a change from overnight stay in Havana has been raised by another two posters (see post - Vintage Cars Cuba book with Marella or Independent).

As Vitalsign replied they are, as are we, travelling on 3 April when the overnight stay is scheduled for days 4 & 5, followed at the end of that week by a further 18 days when there is a one day stop in Havana.

I checked "Manage my Booking" when this was first raised and have done so again today, as well as a dummy booking, and there is no change to the itinerary.

Can anyone throw any light on where this information is coming from? Is it in writing or verbal from a Travel Agent?

I too have these concerns and they are more pressing for me as I shall be there next week! I'll try and let you know how we got on - if Cuba is shortened for us I will be pretty angry - especially as they are still selling excursions on the website for both days.

Hi Andrew

I can understand your concerns. We were disappointed on the Fire and Ice cruise in the summer where a couple of the trips were fully booked. However, we went to Destination Services the moment they opened, and weren't the only passengers trying to book or change trips, and fortunately were able to cancel our alternatives and book our preferences.

Because of this and knowing some of the trips will be extremely popular, I decided to bite the bullet and therefore booked our trips the other day, which is much earlier than normal (object to Tui getting our hard earned cash too soon).

Have a lovely time when you go next week.

We are on 6th March Cuban fusion cruise and our stopover in Havana is reduced. We sail at 0100hrs instead of early afternoon because too many ships.

Have Marella/Thomson/TUI informed you of this? Sadly, I cannot find an official website for the Port Of Havana but Cruise Timetables only show 1 other ship in port on 10th March - MSC Opera.

Arrgh!!! Just had a look at Havana cruise ship calendar for April and Marella Discovery 2 is only scheduled for Friday 6 April (Day 4 of first week) and Thursday 10 April (Day 10 of second week).

If this is the case it is high time Marella (Tui/Thomson) TOLD THEIR CUSTOMERS and changed itineraries on Manage My Booking and bookings. Also they should not be taking bookings for shore excursion on 7 April.

Looks like Cozumel is still scheduled for Sunday 8 April only.

Have Marella/Thomson/TUI informed you of this? Sadly, I cannot find an official website for the Port Of Havana but Cruise Timetables only show 1 other ship in port on 10th March - MSC Opera.

Hi Andrew. Look for Havana Cuba Cruise Ship Schedule 2018 and scroll down through the months.

Hi Andrew. Look for Havana Cuba Cruise Ship Schedule 2018 and scroll down through the months.

There are a lot of third-party websites that show the port schedules but the official port does not seem to have one. I know internet services are well behind many parts of the world in Cuba. All the third party websites only show one other ship in port on the second days of most itineraries, which is what seems strange. I really hope Marella are not pulling a fast one here by saving money on port charges!

I have not had any e-mail update from Marella/TUI so I can only but keep my fingers crossed as an MSC ship is in Havana on the due second day of our visit next week.

Hi we received an email from Tui stating the changes. We are in Cozemel overnight.

Thanks for the clarification. I have no desire for an overnight in Cozumel. Most of the Island is just an 'identi-kit' Caribbean Cruise port.

I posted concerns regarding the 2 days in Havana as we wanted to book Vintage Cars direct I read a post on Cruise Critic regarding change. We have noticed Tui does not update their website when they make changes this happened to us in dec change of itinerary informed last minute will contact t/a to see if they can get an update. we only booked Cuban fusion for the extra day in Havana.

Hi we received an email from Tui stating the changes. We are in Cozemel overnight.

Paradise Beech is a great place to spend the day. Its about a 30min taxi drive, but worth going to. Nice food and drink. Good beach and nice facilities. :cool: But it is just a typical Caribbean Beach :D