Our Norwegian cruise not going to Norway

denny girl

Just got an email from Costa that our Norwegian fjord cruise on the Mediterranea has been modified and no longer visits Norway!!!

Chose this cruise as it didn`t visit Britain and that`s where the changed cruise goes. Assume it`s going to be complicated but really want to cancel. It`s certainly nothing like the cruise we booked.

Is this a regular Costa thing?

The cruise schedule was for British Isles, last cruise 3rd. June, then from 9th. June til 31st. August in Norway / Iceland. Both Costa Germany and one of the biggest German TA are still howing that your cruise is still going to Norway /Iceland.

Costa does sometimes changes ships, b ut then that is reflected on their web sites.

Have you spoken Costa?

Have they offered you the chance to cancel without penalty, or offered another and / or compensation?

Let uis knowhow you get on.

We received this email from Costa this morning 16th It was in Italian but thanks to google translate this is it.

<Dear Agent,

We inform you that the itinerary of the cruise with Costa Mediterranea departing on 18/06/2018 from Bremerhaven has been modified for operational reasons.

The itinerary in Norway has been modified with a new one in Iceland and the United Kingdom.

We'll take you back to the new itinerary:>

Modified doesn`t really seem to cover it and I was extremely disappointed. We were in Kirkwall last year when a cruise ship arrived and we don`t want to repeat that.

Our agent doesn`t know anything either and is chasing it up for us.

There`s a similar shorter cruise we`d take but if we can`t get a decent swap we`ll cancel

Our booking was made last September and we have flights and hotels booked so this is a major inconvenience

• 2 weeks later...

Of course getting things sorted isn`t going well.

Have booked a similar costa cruise that goes where we want and at the moment actually have two cruises booked through different agencies.with overlapping dates and different booking numbers.

Having a lot of trouble cancelling the first cruise booked through an international European agency. Have contacted the agency numerous times, so far to no avail. and of course Costa just refers us back to the Agency. Wonder who actually has our money.

We`ve now booked the new cruise through an Australian agency as once we started looking at the new cruise most of the agencies were only offering inside or some particular suite.so when something suitable came up we grabbed it.

Must say cruising with Costa is turning out to be a real challenge and it`s early days yet.

We normally prefer to book direct but as we never intended to cancel or change thought we`d be ok.

Which agency in Australia have you used? My TA has unfortunately for us- been promoted. I have had a quote from someone else but to be honest I want to get a comparison as the one who have quoted me can't/ won't do the hotels I prefer and keep pushing me to the ones they use most often- yes bigger commission for them and I can always book direct with the hotel but I have had some trouble geting other agents to quote Costa.

It`s not permitted to name travel agencies on Cruise Critic and there is no PM function.

I'd sent out a couple of queries with mixed results. Getting in touch with the Costa agency in Perth was a particular waste of time with neither of us being able to understand each other.

After receiving a phone call about my cruise from an agent in Belconnen I made a booking.Have found him responsive so far. If we can`t sort out the cancellation will get him on to it.Not many agencies in Australia seem to know or want to know Costa!

Made the first booking with a European agency because I wanted the included drink package which is not included in Aussie packages. Have given up on it for the new booking and will just buy it onboard.

Edited by denny girl
additioning