cuba

manila12

Did one from via the ship (Royal) had a great time although I wish it could have been longer.

We booked into a tour that got canceled because the 2 sailings before it (we were on the third they ever did?) ran out of time.. So they changed what the tour was and split it into 2 that were almost the same but with either a stop at location A or a stop at location B, not both like the original tour had. I feel like when we stopped at the end for the market area there wasn't much time to shop but that's not really my thing anyways so I didn't care. Now that ships are offering overnight stops in Cuba... I would have gone with one of those so I could have seen more.

Based off the tour Royal is now selling, this comes close to what we ended up doing

Highlights:

• Historical Havana: Stand amidst gigantic Revolution Square.

• Cuban culture: Discover Fusterlandia’s eclectic artworks, dine on delectable Cuban specialties, and view the former residence of author Ernest Hemingway.

• Almacenes San Jose: Built in 1885, this waterfront market is where local merchants hawk leather goods, ceramics, paintings and more.

But ours also had

Finca Vigia: American novelist Ernest Hemingway’s former residence serves as a museum that immortalizes his 20 years spent in Cuba.

Originally it would have had a stop at the Colon Cemetery as well... but we just got a Drive-By view of it.