MSC Orchestra out of Genoa, April 29

mapgirl34

We found an amazing deal on this cruise so even with all the horrid reviews, we're giving it a chance.

However, like most have said, it's really hard to get an answer from MSC.

We need a transfer from Milan MXP to Genoa cruise port (4 adults). I would love to rent a car and drive ourselves, but as it's a Sunday, the only return place open is the GOA airport, which then requires a taxi. It's still an option, but I've heard that transfers through MSC are $34. For 4 of us, that's cheaper than a car rental (one way + gas + a taxi), but I'm concerned that with MSC's reputation, we'll be sitting at the airport waiting and we don't have time to take that risk.

Does anyone have any experience flying into MXP and getting to Genoa?

We did the reverse - left the ship in Genoa and flew out of MXP. We didn't book the transfer and ended up waiting until disembarkation to see if we could purchase. We were successful. If we had not been, we would have hoofed it to the train station and gotten to Milan that way. Everything turned out well. I would definitely use again.

I'm more concerned that if they don't answer their messages, chat requests, emails, FB, phone calls, I'll be a nervous wreck at the airport waiting for them to arrive, wondering if they'll keep their commitment to pick us up.

I'm more concerned that if they don't answer their messages, chat requests, emails, FB, phone calls, I'll be a nervous wreck at the airport waiting for them to arrive, wondering if they'll keep their commitment to pick us up.

You are not going to be the only people using the transfers. It was extremely organized and efficient.

Are the transfers open to you if you haven't booked flights with MSC? Are transfers only available on ship departure day?

We sail from Genoa, a cruise only booking but may need to fly into MXP and not directly to Genoa.

No, anyone can book the transfers.

We inquired with the front desk earlier in the week and the deadline had passed according to them to purchase the transfer to MXP and we were told to ask the transfer coordinator who was dockside if we could be accommodated and if so to pay cash to him on the spot. I believe you can call and add transfers only to your reservation ahead of time also.

No, anyone can book the transfers.

We inquired with the front desk earlier in the week and the deadline had passed according to them to purchase the transfer to MXP and we were told to ask the transfer coordinator who was dockside if we could be accommodated and if so to pay cash to him on the spot. I believe you can call and add transfers only to your reservation ahead of time also.

Many thanks, if we can't fly directly I'll give them a call. I don't fancy fighting through the Italian rail system with 4 suitcases!

I think our ship is bringing on new passengers at all ports along the way, so I wasn't confident that all that many people would be arriving for the Genoa departure. (I get this feeling because there's no roll call even though I tried to create one, but there is a roll call for a sail date towards the end of my cruise)

Furthermore, I thought more people would fly into Genoa, rather than MXP. There's not a lot of discussion on this topic either on here or on TripAdvisor.

Note: 3 days, still no response to my email to MSC.

They also don't respond to FB complaints either.

I'll be curious to see if the phone calls go well. When I called at the time of booking, they gave me a price range for a transfer, not just one number. I hope that's because they thought I needed the price in USD which would adjust due to the exchange, but it didn't help my confidence level.