Dickenson Bay?

smilz

I think Dickenson Bay Beach is the beach down the hill from the port. Is that right? Anyone been there recently? Looking for a close beach with chairs. I get car sick so I don't want to be in a bus, van, or cab for more than 10 min if possible. The irony is that boats of any size in any conditions don't bother me!

There is no beach with chairs right at the port. The closest by vehicle is Fort James Beach, which is about a 10-min cab ride north of the port. After that you have Runaway and Dickenson further north - about a 15 min ride from the port. South of the port are a number of popular beaches (Jolly, Valley Church, Ffryes, Darkwood, Crabb Hill, and Turners) that are anywhere from a 20 - 30 minute cab/bus ride from the port.

We love Dickenson Bay. have the cabbie drop you at Tony's Beach bar, that is where we always go. Very nice and cab will come back and pick you up.

Short ride about 15 minutes or so from the port.

My husband wants to jet ski so this sounds perfect for us. I went to Tony’s website but there were no prices. Do you know approximately what it would cost to rent two chairs, umbrellas and jet ski for 30 minutes. I’d really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

my husband wants to jet ski so this sounds perfect for us. I went to tony’s website but there were no prices. Do you know approximately what it would cost to rent two chairs, umbrellas and jet ski for 30 minutes. I’d really appreciate it.

Sent from my ipad using forums

if he is going to jet ski, make sure he has eye protection. Salt water stings the eyes...nasty!!

• 4 weeks later...
We are going to be a group of 16, any suggestions for a van company that can take us to the beach and return us back to the port at the end of the day?

There were many taxi's at port, including larger size vans. I'm sure you could arrange for two to transport your group. We were a party of 6. Driver dropped us off and arranged a pick up time as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi can you give me an idea of the taxi from the cruise port to Dickerson beach?.

Thanks

Hi Ajwnlw,

We were there last week. A taxi for two of us from the cruiseport to Dickinson was $12 one way. Driver was a colorful character named "Spice Tea". He gave us his card and returned for us that afternoon. It was a good day. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Dickenson bay. Short drive and cheap $12 each way. Taxi driver will come back for you and only pay on return journey. Best part is the floating tiki bar. Very new but an amazing place for a rum punch or two [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Another recommendation for Dickenson bay. Short drive and cheap $12 each way. Taxi driver will come back for you and only pay on return journey. Best part is the floating tiki bar. Very new but an amazing place for a rum punch or two [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much were the chair rentals? Umbrella?

Thanks.