Credit cards for taxis in Abu Dhabi?

MVPinBoynton

We will be in Abu Dhabi for several days before a cruise next month. I am trying to determine how much local currency to get before heading that way. I already have tours and transfers booked; but we will be using taxis some while there. Do most taxis take credit cards in Abu Dhabi or should I just plan on getting plenty of dirhams?

Plan on paying for taxis in local cash. ( i know you didnt ask, but AD doesn't have Uber.)

Thanks for the info. I had found out that Uber wasn't there before I posted. it would have been my first choice. I am surprised, since Uber is in Dubai.

The United Arab Emirates are not all that UNITED in some cases.

I live here at the moment and taxis definitely do not take credit cards.

Also drivers find it difficult to make change, so have a good supply of AED 10 notes handy. Theoretically there is a taxi booking number, but it doesn't work when trying to call from a non UAE number.

Taxis are usually clean and drivers speak ok English (or at least know where the tourist places are). All taxis are metered. If the driver fails to engage the meter, you don't have to pay! Nearly all drivers have a GPS and there is little chance of getting lost.

The United Arab Emirates are not all that UNITED in some cases.

I live here at the moment and taxis definitely do not take credit cards.

Also drivers find it difficult to make change, so have a good supply of AED 10 notes handy. Theoretically there is a taxi booking number, but it doesn't work when trying to call from a non UAE number.

Taxis are usually clean and drivers speak ok English (or at least know where the tourist places are). All taxis are metered. If the driver fails to engage the meter, you don't have to pay! Nearly all drivers have a GPS and there is little chance of getting lost.

Thank you so much for that info. I will be prepared now.