Milk Questions

Darwal

After doing a lot of searches on the topic I still have a couple questions. I do understand you can ask for it in the dining room and get it at the buffet during breakfast, but I'm still wondering:

1. Bubbles Package - It does not say milk is included, nor does it say it's not included. Does anyone have experience to know if it's included or not?

2. Bars - Can you go up to a bar and ask for milk just as you do for a soda or juice? I'm also assuming there is a cost but would also look for a confirmation on that too.

Thanks!

1.) My understanding is that milk is available to all with or without any special packages. If it's not out on the lido deck (and it usually won't be for lunch/dinner) than you just have to ask one of the servers behind the counter and they can get it for you.

2.) I'm not sure if bars stock cartons of milk or not. Hopefully someone else can answer that for you.

You can get at the lido or dining room - I have never had any luck asking at the bar. It is Free if you ask at the lido (if it is not already out) or in the dining room.

Crazy thing I did ask one time at the coffee shop for milk when I was buying a dessert and they were gonna charge me there.

On my previous sailings either skim or 2% milk, and chocolate milk have always been available at the buffet and the MDR.

I have had to ask for whole milk both at buffet and in the MDR and it has always been cheerfully, if not quickly, supplied.

The coffee shop has always had half and half.

The few bars I have frequented have had half and half but no cream.

Thanks everyone. My daughter likes to have milk any time of day not just with meals, so we'll grab a couple extras when available on Lido and save them in the fridge.

Just a little tip, you will hear a lot of people talk about the fridges in the room not being very cold... and a lot of people say to leave the door open. (they have the fridges "boxed" in so they fight the heat they are generating to stay cold).

Our tip is, my husband reaches in and slides the fridge just far enough forward so that the door will not close all the way... it stays cracked about an inch.

Doing this you don't have to worry about running into the door wide open when you run around, and it vents the fridge just enough to get nice and cold. I too will stash some milk or even a desert for later consumption in my room fridge.;)

Our tip is, my husband reaches in and slides the fridge just far enough forward so that the door will not close all the way... it stays cracked about an inch.

Doing this you don't have to worry about running into the door wide open when you run around, and it vents the fridge just enough to get nice and cold. I too will stash some milk or even a desert for later consumption in my room fridge.;)

Brilliant, will certainly try this out! :Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Just a little tip, you will hear a lot of people talk about the fridges in the room not being very cold... and a lot of people say to leave the door open. (they have the fridges "boxed" in so they fight the heat they are generating to stay cold).

I haven't yet been on board, but the pictures I've see look like the cabinet doors have standard quick-release hinges. If so, it only takes pushing forward on the back of the hinges to release the door so it could be left off and stored. Then it is simple to snap it back on at the end of your cruise.

Here is a youtube link on how they work:

Edited by rpyne
Add youtube link

My little one likes chocolate milk, which is only available on the Lido buffet at breakfast. You can ask for it during lunch and dinner, but they need to go search for it.

To ensure we always have a fresh carton, I order room service every morning. I’ll order 4 cartons of chocolate milk, 4 boxes of cereal, some fruit and a pot of coffee. I do note not to send the cereal bowls. We like having the extra cereal in the room for snacking. I also use the room service as my personal wake up call. I have it delivered early so I can enjoy my coffee on the balcony before the family gets up. So it’s a win-win haha!

I take a cooler with,one that won't leak, and keep it full of ice and my milk. Thanks for drinking milk the most nutritious natural drink there is,as I am a dairy farmer I really appreciate people using dairy thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I take a cooler with,one that won't leak, and keep it full of ice and my milk. Thanks for drinking milk the most nutritious natural drink there is,as I am a dairy farmer I really appreciate people using dairy thanks again

I really enjoy wine with some dinners, and beer for all sorts of occasions, but it is milk I want daily. Thank you for helping to keep it available.

Oh, I love cheese and butter too!

We just lay a folded wash cloth over the top of the door so it will not close all the way. It really helps to keep our fridge cooler all week long.

After doing a lot of searches on the topic I still have a couple questions. I do understand you can ask for it in the dining room and get it at the buffet during breakfast, but I'm still wondering:

1. Bubbles Package - It does not say milk is included, nor does it say it's not included. Does anyone have experience to know if it's included or not?

2. Bars - Can you go up to a bar and ask for milk just as you do for a soda or juice? I'm also assuming there is a cost but would also look for a confirmation on that too.

Thanks!

No milk.

How do you know which cows produce chocolate milk and which ones produce the milk without lactose?

I'm sure the ones that produce the white milk are easy to distinguish.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We have milk lovers in our group too. I always grab a couple of extras at breakfast time and throw them into the cooler. We always ask for our cooler to be iced down daily for sodas, bottled water and wine so this works out well. We ordered milk from room service on the last day this last cruise to have with cereal because we planned to debark early.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At our house we consider ourselves to be out of milk if the seal has been broken on last gallon. Go through a gallon a day and that’s with 3 adults and 2 grown boys.

And if there are Oreos or cc cookies around we crack open the second gallon that day.

On our last cruise we would get our 18 month old daughter whole milk at the coffee shop. They did charge us for it, but it was a small fee, only 60 cents, for a huge milkshake-sized glass of it. We were not able to get whole milk at any of the bars and I never saw it on the buffet (I always saw other types of milk, but not whole). Being able to grab it at the coffee shop was a convenient option for us. I realize the OP wasn't necessarily asking about whole milk though :)

Thanks for this tip! Will definitely try it on the Magic in August.