New Steakhouse Menu

khewston

When we were on the Magic a few months ago they had just implemented the new menu in the Steakhouse. I believe it rolled out on the Magic and one other ship. My sister is on the Conquest this week and said they still have the old menu. I will be on the Sunshine next month, and my sister asked if the new menu had been implemented on that ship and was told they still have the old menu. I'm wondering if maybe they are not going to change the menu throughout the fleet. In my opinion the old menu is so much better than the new one.

We had the new steakhouse menu on Vista last September. Everything is all melting balls...... definitely prefer the old menu, hoping they are still doing old menu on carnival Pride next month!!!

new menu didnt have chocolate sampler and I think they got rid of the crab cake appetizer as well....

The new menu doesn't include the Beef Carpaccio or the escargot appetizer, or the chocolate sampler or the cheesecake dessert. This is according to what I have read.

I can't remember what changes were made in entrees or sides. I think maybe one of the steak choices was replaced by a Wagyu beef cut.

I've read a couple of reviews people posted here of the new steakhouse menu items. Those reviews stated the lobster is now cheaper warm water lobster as opposed to the cold water lobster tails from the old menu.

I think that was just a seasonal thing. They’ll go back to cold water when it’s available.

I think that was just a seasonal thing. They’ll go back to cold water when it’s available.

I'd be interested in reading your source for this information. I was under the impression this was a permanent change. I much prefer the cold water lobster.

Maine lobster season is year round. They serve Maine Lobster in the Steakhouse and Caribbean Spiny in the MDR.

I'd be interested in reading your source for this information. I was under the impression this was a permanent change. I much prefer the cold water lobster.

For those paying an upcharge for the steakhouse who are only interested in the steak, from what I've read, they'll continue to enjoy that. But for those paying the steakhouse fee to enjoy the premium cold water lobster tail, they'll likely want to reconsider. Personally I wouldn't pay the fee for a warm water lobster tail. Since Carnival hasn't advertised this change from cold water lobster tails to warm water lobster tails, I think its important passengers are made aware of this steakhouse change.

When we were on the Magic a few months ago they had just implemented the new menu in the Steakhouse. I believe it rolled out on the Magic and one other ship. My sister is on the Conquest this week and said they still have the old menu. I will be on the Sunshine next month, and my sister asked if the new menu had been implemented on that ship and was told they still have the old menu. I'm wondering if maybe they are not going to change the menu throughout the fleet. In my opinion the old menu is so much better than the new one.

I will be on the Sunshine in less than a month and am also trying to find out when they will have the new steakhouse menu. If I find out before I go, I'll post again. Hopefully, someone will post before we leave and let us all know. Have a great time.

I will be on the Sunshine in less than a month and am also trying to find out when they will have the new steakhouse menu. If I find out before I go, I'll post again. Hopefully, someone will post before we leave and let us all know. Have a great time.

I will also be on the Sunshine next month. While my sister was on the Conquest last week, she asked them to check and see if the new menu was on the Sunshine. They told her that the Sunshine still had the old menu.

OMG...I just noticed you'll be on the same sailing as us!

This photo was taken on a Carnival 4-Day Cruise out of Long Beach, CA. October 2016.

I paid the extra $20 for the "Steakhouse" Lobster. Of course, there is not actually a Steakhouse onboard either the Imagination or the Inspiration. Just how it's listed on the menu. The lobster was grilled, opaque, stringy and flavorless. I just couldn't see any difference in the MDR lobster and the surcharge lobster. Yuk!

I have NOT ordered it since this cruise, not even on the Freedom 7-day cruise we took in late February 2018.

The 6 of us all ordered the lobster in the MDR. We got MUSH meat in parts and stringy Parts (again, different cruise no less) that was flavorless, lukewarm, and served with "butter" AKA Oil to our tastebuds.

I just don't get why cruisers get all excited about THE Lobster Night on Carnival. :confused::confused:

Bobbi

Well, seems my photo was too big to post. Getting late and so I'll have to figure out how to post later. Sorry.

Edited by Markmom18
My photo was too big to share here on the Forum