Share a bargain/deal

Its a very tempting cruise for us as we only have the one flight, and then we cruise back home to Auckland.

I think everyone is going for the Radiance, so they have cranked up her prices and dropped Rhapodies?

Yes I noticed that Radiance is a lot more expensive than Rhapsody. If they don't sell maybe we'll see some more reasonable prices pop up.... hopefully.

As long as the one way fare is reasonable AKL to HNL it's perfect for you David. I love it if I only have to fly one way these days....:)

Jilly:)

Yes, and it's easier for you to get to Honolulu than us here in QLD. We have to go Brisbane, Sydney, Honolulu.... such a drag...:(

Last time we flew Bne, Fiji, Honolulu, with Air Pacific, but haven't compared lately. Free frequent flyers were with Jetstar (on Qantas points), via Melbourne (2 different airports) - ugh!!

Can't use FF points for these dates to HNL and the airfares are ridiculous. Sometimes it takes outside forces to help decision making :p

Its all those Aussie's with their high dollar pushing the air fares up:D

Mind you , I see today , that even the NZ dollar is at an all time high:eek:

I have been looking tonight at some great deals available on sectors of the world cruise on Arcadia for next March - 14 night Sydney to Singapore from $1679 per person.

Another deal I saw was fly-stay-cruise, 20 nights includes air fare to Hong Kong, 2 nights accommodation, 18 night cruise back to Sydney on P&O Oriana, starting from $2799 per person. Departs in Feb 2012.

These were on an online cruise website, seem like great deals to me!

I have been looking tonight at some great deals available on sectors of the world cruise on Arcadia for next March - 14 night Sydney to Singapore from $1679 per person.

Another deal I saw was fly-stay-cruise, 20 nights includes air fare to Hong Kong, 2 nights accommodation, 18 night cruise back to Sydney on P&O Oriana, starting from $2799 per person. Departs in Feb 2012.

These were on an online cruise website, seem like great deals to me!

Where did you find those Raison? I'm interested because we can pick up either of those out of Brisbane I would think?

Do you know does that P&O recognise Captains Circle Loyalty? The reason I say this is because I'm trying to boost up my Loyalty on Princess from Platinum to Elite and these cruises would help a lot.

As far as I understand any cruises on P&O, UK or Australia, will be recognised by Princess and add to Captains Circle status. P&O does not count Princess cruises though.

However P&O are changing their loyalty progamme in 2012, so it could all change ...again:eek:

Thanks David that's good to know as we have P & O UK calling into Brisbane again in the New Year.

Here's a last minute deal I found this morning. Handy if you live near Brisbane and can be ready to go by 11 June on Pacific Dawn. Oceanview A$599.00. It's a holiday on the Monday so those who work only need to take 4 days leave....;)

We would do it but already have committments that long weekend. :(

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

Just booked Grand Princess 26 January 2013, 49 nights from Ft Lauderdale to San Francisco circle South America.

Oceanview for A$116.00 per person per day.

With Qantas now flying to Dallas Fort Worth they are also selling flights from SYD or BNE to Miami or Orlando... easy to get there now.

If you break this cruise into 3 seperate cruises, it's even cheaper. Plus you get credit for 3 cruises.:D

If you break this cruise into 3 separate cruises, it's even cheaper. Plus you get credit for 3 cruises.:D

...and try and get the same cabin for each segment. Booking this far out should be OK . When we booked Singapore to Auckland it was cheaper to book Singapore to Sydney, then Sydney to Auckland, but we had to change cabins which was no big deal as they did it all for us while we were out touring the City.

6th March 2012.

Sydney to Honolulu, Celebrity Century, Cat 7 outside $1525pp....18 nights via Tahiti, airfares back to Sydney $428pp. Incl all charges.

Now, wait for it.........I am crushed, totally devastated, even a bit depressed as Bob cannot get holidays for these dates. I cannot believe it, so unfair.

Jen

6th March 2012.

Sydney to Honolulu, Celebrity Century, Cat 7 outside $1525pp....18 nights via Tahiti, airfares back to Sydney $428pp. Incl all charges.

Now, wait for it.........I am crushed, totally devastated, even a bit depressed as Bob cannot get holidays for these dates. I cannot believe it, so unfair.

Jen

Jen, a TA from the west has a senior price for over 55's for that cruise starting from $1249 for an inside and $1499 for an outside

bob

Jen, a TA from the west has a senior price for over 55's for that cruise starting from $1249 for an inside and $1499 for an outside

bob

Hi Bob,

I know....but the $1499 are gone, early this morning. Pity my Bob cannot get the time off. It's too close to our next cruise in Nov. We booked, then had to cancel after his boss said 'no'. Such a good price, and great itinerary, plus the airfares were very low independently. I had a bad day, regrets etc.....and ended up buying an exercise bike on ebay to compensate:eek:

Jen

6th March 2012.

Jen

In my view, that was the best of all the AU-HI cruises... but the dates just didn't work for me either being during school term. More's the pity.

Now here's a great deal if you happen to be going to the UK or Europe.

Brilliance of the Seas Dubai to Rome 19 April 2012, 15 nights

Inside US$799. port charges and taxes to be added. Plus US$ 50.00 OBC

That's only around US$42.00 per person per day.

What a nice way to travel to Europe.

If you wanted to return from the UK or Europe later this year departing Barcelona 03 November for 18 nights to Dubai. They have a deal for US$52.00 per person per day with US$125.00 OBC.

There are good flight deals from Dubai to Singapore or visa versa, then onward from Singapore to BNE or SYD

Just booked Celebrity Century , Ak to Sy. 12 Dec.

They dropped the price for the C1 Balconies to a ridiculous price so jumped in and grabbed one. Saw it on the Celebrity site last night and could not believe it, so checked with the TA today ...same price...and he could not believe it either. Wont post the fare as it was in NZ dollars and probably wont last long. They would have only had a few at that fare, and will probably go back up again. Then again its a very unpopular time of the year, right before Christmas, so may even drop further. Who knows?

Now faced with a hefty air fare back from Sydney on either Christmas Eve or Day.

What do they say about Swings and Roundabouts?:eek:

They dropped the price for the C1 Balconies to a ridiculous price so jumped in and grabbed one. Saw it on the Celebrity site last night and could not believe it, so checked with the TA today ...same price...and he could not believe it either. Wont post the fare as it was in NZ dollars and probably wont last long. They would have only had a few at that fare, and will probably go back up again. Then again its a very unpopular time of the year, right before Christmas, so may even drop further. Who knows?

Now faced with a hefty air fare back from Sydney on either Christmas Eve or Day.

We were just looking at that one too. I saw it online but not on Celebrity site for A$883.00 oceanview plus US$100 OBC. Will go and have a look on the Celebrity site now.

Just had a look and it shows Oceanview A$1345.00 and A$1665.00 Veranda on the site here.

We are joining as you are leaving! Got reasonable oneway airfares over on 23rd Dec - $262 each on Air NZ, so not complaining. As always accommodation in Sydney is pricey, but got The Menzies for $AUD179.

No price drops so far on our cruise - do keep checking, but with only the choice of Oceanview Deck 5 or Sky Suite for accessible cabins, it is hardly likely, plus being Christmas/New Year being prime!!

Might have to meet you on the wharf for a run down on the ship and ports! Our check in time is from 11am as she departs 5pm. Will be a completely different sailaway to the Diamond last year.

At long last we are getting some good cruise deals. Some rippers in the Med. I think the Americans are backing off a bit with their dollar down the tube, plus some friction in the Middle East. Hence the good prices being offered to us Aussies/Kiwis.

We are joining as you are leaving! Got reasonable oneway airfares over on 23rd Dec - $262 each on Air NZ, so not complaining. As always accommodation in Sydney is pricey, but got The Menzies for $AUD179.

No price drops so far on our cruise - do keep checking, but with only the choice of Oceanview Deck 5 or Sky Suite for accessible cabins, it is hardly likely, plus being Christmas/New Year being prime!!

Might have to meet you on the wharf for a run down on the ship and ports! Our check in time is from 11am as she departs 5pm. Will be a completely different sailaway to the Diamond last year.

Big price drop on our cabin, so seeing if it will be matched! Fingers crossed as I don't know how these things happen in little old NZ!:D:rolleyes:

If its a big drop and they wont budge, you can cancel and rebook.....however.... you would have to consider any cancellation costs and then what cabins are available...... and if it applies to accessible cabins.

Sometimes the price drops are only on certain cabins.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.:)

Sounds almost like Celebrity is going all out it and grabbing as many cruisers as they can , before the big guns get down here.:D

If its a big drop and they wont budge, you can cancel and rebook.....however.... you would have to consider any cancellation costs and then what cabins are available...... and if it applies to accessible cabins.

Sometimes the price drops are only on certain cabins.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.:)

Sounds almost like Celebrity is going all out it and grabbing as many cruisers as they can , before the big guns get down here.:D

Looks like they will cancel and rebook us, and it is outside cancellation fees and final payment so our TA thinks we should be fine, as there are plenty of cabins in our category (for a change!) Will keep you posted. Its $1100 each.:D

Trick is that the front page of the booking hasn't changed but once you go to Stateroom booking ALL the prices have dropped - pity there are no Balcony accessible, only suites!:rolleyes:

Just booked Grand Princess 26 January 2013, 49 nights from Ft Lauderdale to San Francisco circle South America.

Oceanview for A$116.00 per person per day.

With Qantas now flying to Dallas Fort Worth they are also selling flights from SYD or BNE to Miami or Orlando... easy to get there now.

We have also just booked on the Grand Princess SA cruise - our TA says it is now sold out! Waiting for them to come up with some group travel deals from Perth to Ft. Lauderdale and then San. Fran. back to Perth but won't know until Jan. '12. Should be a fabulous trip!...Joan:)