Volendam reviews

Leecasti

Will be cruising to Alaska in early July on the Holland America Volendam and I am see some very bad reviews. Are they accurate or are these people just generally miserable people ??

This is on my bucket list and I am getting a little nervous.

Thanksclear.png?emoji-confused-1977

We were on her for a 28day Hong Kong to Tokyo cruise this past March.

We had no issues with stateroom or public area. We were in code red for norvo virus for the last 10 days but we didn’t get sick. As was said many many times..wash hands wash hands wash hands! The crew was outstanding and in very good spirits even though additional cleaning was always being performed.

I did 28 days around Japan and on to vancouver recently....Volendam seemed in good shape to me, the crew was the usual friendly smiling bunch. The deck crew does a good job of keeping everything in great shape on lower prom deck and pool decks. All in all a very pleasant sized ship for a cruise.

Will be cruising to Alaska in early July on the Holland America Volendam and I am see some very bad reviews. Are they accurate or are these people just generally miserable people ??

This is on my bucket list and I am getting a little nervous. Thanksclear.png?emoji-confused-1977

Do not be nervous. The two negative reviews do not describe the good ms Volendam that we enjoyed so much from March 14 to May 9 this year.

Barbara

The most recent review I saw on this site under "reviews" is very negative. However, I think it was the writer who was very negative. I got the impression she was someone with anger issues who explodes over everything. She said that she got off the ship without her card and they wouldn't let her back on without a card. I have 33 cruises on different lines and have never seen any line let someone off without a card.

I think you'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Volendam april 2017, OV on Dolphin deck. The bathroom may have looked a bit outdated but no issues whatsoever . The rest of the ship was in perfect condition. I've been on the Rotterdam 7 times (same class ship as Volendam) and I must say I even prefer the Volendam. I would sail on her again, definitely !